Author Topic: can we have some new complaints??  (Read 157 times)

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
can we have some new complaints??
« on: July 07, 2002, 04:56:40 PM »
or... maybe bring up some unresolved old ones?   Personally.... I would like the voice thing to be added to so that we could have a slider that would turn off all the inane local chat and simplyu allow us to hear our squad.   Is there a reason that we have to be subjected to (or subject others to out) all this drivel?

Kill buffer... I liked the old one with every kill in the buffer but like the new idea of giving plane type.   Now I have to put ammo into every plane i see spiraling down to know who that warpy bugger was.   You can't know who was good or bad anymore in a fight unless you put a few into him and he dies or get the kill on him.  The info once he lands is useless to me.   I liked being able to find people by their kill messages.
lazs

Offline SPIKER

• Copper Member
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2002, 05:26:28 PM »
:)

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2002, 05:29:19 PM »
Good points on both Lazs.

However the kill messages cause an inordinate amount of clutter in the chat bar.  Maybe add a seperate chat window which displays only kill messages and other host messages.  That way the primary chat window will be free for important stuff like 6-call spam or insulting the nationality, race, color, creed, religion, sexual preference, or degree of endowment of other players.

Offline hawk220

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2002, 05:48:27 PM »
new complaints? ok

'oooooh my feet are killing me'

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2002, 06:23:47 PM »
The tittle says it all.
I guess some people just are not happy unless they are complaining about something...

eskimo

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2002, 06:29:47 PM »
Lazs,

What's to complain about?
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline palef

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2002, 07:04:29 PM »
New Complaint: With 1.10 my undies ride up if I sit in one place too long. This never happened in 1.09.

What's up with that?

palef
Retired

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2002, 08:06:30 PM »
Voice thing isnt really an issue for me, mostly.  There have been times when small children were talking excitedly in high pitched pre-pubescent yodals but that really was sorta funny......"hailp may, Aym getting shotted daown"

Anyhow, yeah, have a voice squad channel and allow people to squelch range channel.  I suspect the reason HT hasnt done this is the desire to have forced openess on the comms.  I dunno....

One thing about current terrain that bugs me is the alts of many fields.  I was at 20k last night and only had about 4k of air between me and the ground.  Kinda goofy really.......

Kill messages?  Yeah, I miss em for the same reasons.  Was always fun letting a dork contryman get killed so I could see if the attacking 51 was some dweeb I loved to kill or not.  Hell, I liked the way it was done in WBs.  Still, Its a change of pace and really doesnt piss me off or anything.  Wondering why HT made this change it occurred to me that some of the louder more obnoxious types were tending to be quiet when waxxed, knowing that the public embarrasement they hate so much was largely aleviated, so in this way Im thinking I like the change.  I think maybe some time will have to pass before I can say one way or the other.....

There have always been and will always be things about AH that piss me off.  I guess I have just learned to deal with it, as long as Im basically enjoying my time online.  When its not fun or I get frustrated I just quit for a few weeks or a month.  Has helped.

Will think of other whines but kinda mentally disconnected at the moment.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2002, 08:15:41 PM by Yeager »
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline J_A_B

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2002, 09:37:00 PM »
"One thing about current terrain that bugs me is the alts of many fields. I was at 20k last night and only had about 4k of air between me and the ground. Kinda goofy really....... "

That wasn't goofy for the guys fighting in CBI/New Guinea/wherever, it was often a fact of life  :)    The A-20's especially had a rough time in the mountains; they didn't perform very well above 10K.

J_A_B

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2002, 10:19:56 PM »
Perk plane with a negative K/D:

The Spitfire Mk XIV has 44 kills and has been killed 48 times.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Dinger

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2002, 11:11:06 PM »
Okay, here's one for you.
This is a proto-whine, since the tactic hasn't been discovered and exploited by the masses yet.

With the new bombing system, level bombing is a challenge.  It's also time-consuming.
It's much easier to take those three planes and head over the field at 1000 feet.  The three birds absorb a lot of ack, and if you've got US iron, you've got enough firepower to knock down much of the ack in a pass.  Then you whip around and drop your bombs.
Oh, and you knock down badguys too.

So yeah, the new bomb system promotes the ackstar usage of the buff at the expense of its utility as a level bomber.

Anyway, you saw the whine here first ;)

Anything else?

Oh yeah.  In addition to an AFK box on the vox window, I need a "Pants Off" box as well.

Offline Vortex

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2002, 11:30:27 PM »
Originally posted by Karnak
Perk plane with a negative K/D:

The Spitfire Mk XIV has 44 kills and has been killed 48 times.

That can't be a fault fo the plane. Hottest thing up there, if its flown properly.

...well, cept for the 262, but you've gotta be an uber-dweeb to be seen driving one of those.
--)-Vortex----
The Musketeers, circa 1990

AH In-Game Handle: Vort

Offline wulfie

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.twinkies.com/index.asp
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2002, 12:28:20 AM »
Both good points lazs.

Especially the vox - if possible and feasible I'd like vox to have alot of control options - like 'only hear vox from someone you have tuned privately' as well.

Having dealt with military comms alot, some of the "...uh hey uh okay boys look out now there's a pair of damn 190s that could be headed this way..." on channel 2 or 3 as opposed to correct commo discipline almost instantly begin to annoy me.

Mike/wulfie

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2002, 08:33:53 AM »
well.... my commo disipline  is terrible but I think that onlyu my poor squad should be subjected to it.   I also get real bored with some guy telling everyone step by step how to fly a lag7 or... just the roadkill that is not my or my friends roadkill.

LOL yeager... I've done that too.   soon as some poor bastard dies I know who the killer was.   I think too many of the feint hearted and ego impaired ("but HT landing sorties is the real skill and nobody notices me now")  wanted the useless "landed kill" thingie.  

cripes... when some dork would challenge me to a duel I used to be able to say... "come and find me I'm easy to find."  Now, that's not true.   They only know that I landed somewhere with a few kills in a -1.   Plus.... all the morons feel obligated to fill up the buffer now with their inane chatter.

lazs
Public Relations Officer for the BK's