Author Topic: video7.cfg, and the Aces High White Screen of Death  (Read 316 times)

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
video7.cfg, and the Aces High White Screen of Death
« on: July 14, 2002, 08:08:08 PM »
Looking through some of the posts in this forum, I see I have not been alone in getting the white screen of death when starting up Aces High. The difficulty detecting this was caused by the intermittent nature of the problem.

I believe I have found the problem, and the solution is right out of the HELP application: Delete the file "video7.cfg" before starting Aces High. You will have to re-specify your resolution and colour depth, but that's not a problem, and is better than waiting for the WSOD to disappear. Sometimes that can take 5 minutes.

I have devised a way to start Aces High and automatically delete video7.cfg. I attach a .ZIPped up .BAT file which can be run to start Aces High. All it does is to delete the problem file, and then start AH. Im Windows ME, it runs in a DOS window, but it works just fine. Store the file on your desktop and double click on its icon when you want to play Aces High. The video7.cfg file gets recreated when running AH, so by starting AH by means of this .BAT file, you'll always be free of it.