Author Topic: Ack lethality and undefended bases  (Read 208 times)

Offline Frost

• Copper Member
Ack lethality and undefended bases
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2002, 11:21:50 PM »
I think that the towns should be moved closer to the airfields so that the town falls under the airflield ack umbrella.  That way you have to deack the town and field and it is a lot closer to the VH.

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2002, 11:33:28 PM »
Temporary solution:

Increase the size of the town by 4 times, increase the number of acks on town to double. 6 acks defending a 4 times larger area would be the picture I see. Limit VH spawn points so they don't always spawn crazy to every direction in a web(in real life, a spawn point placed inside a canyon would never ever spawn vehicles to all directions, would it?) so the direction of advancement by GVs is predictable.

Large enough so not even a three-lancaster formation with 14x1000lbs would just knock out the town in one pass. How many people you know can knock out 6 acks concentrated in a small area in 1 pass? For the average skill level, knocking out the town itself is gonna need at least 4 pilots for 5~6 minutes, provided none of them get shot down by the ack.

Four planes buzzing consistently around a field is going to draw someone's attention. If that doesn't draw anyone's attention to stop milk running, then it's not the map that is wrong.

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2002, 01:50:07 PM »
I kinda like drunky's idea

to further add...

It should take MORE to capture a huge zone controlling field than a small dirt strip....

3x the troops perhaps... 2x for med fields...

SKurj