Author Topic: place your vote... fix the turn rates in AH?  (Read 4004 times)

Offline Wanker

• Platinum Member
place your vote... fix the turn rates in AH?
« Reply #120 on: June 04, 2000, 06:30:00 PM »
This thread was much more interesting and a whole lot easier to understand when Ron Jeremy was the center of attention.  

[This message has been edited by banana (edited 06-04-2000).]

funked

« Reply #121 on: June 04, 2000, 06:50:00 PM »
One of the few photos I could find of Ron with his clothes on:  

www.ronjeremy.com

-lazs-

« Reply #122 on: June 05, 2000, 08:09:00 AM »
ram, u were saying that the 190 A (LOL) 8 had such a good initial turn rate because of the roll.   I am just saying that the Hog should have the same.   When I check offline the 190 and the Hog both turn allmost identical with 100% fuel loads with the 190 edging out the Hog until full flaps are used in the Hog.   In real world testing a 12,900 lb hog gained one turn in three on a 190A5.... It should do a lot better even than that against a (LOL) A8.   I don't really care what you see in fights against other planes in the arena since the conditions are unknown.

Again.. if the A8 turns this well where will the much better A5 fit in?  How will they model a P47?  I don't say that anything is being consiously done but... Something is off in the Fm and it affects different planes differently.   It causes 109's to outurn Lags and A8's to turn with Hogs and 51's.

Oh... all water injected hogs at full fighter weight weighed within 150 lbs or so of each other unless you feel that the 4 cannon and their ammo were much lighter than 6 .50's and their ammo?
lazs

Offline RAM

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #123 on: June 05, 2000, 08:19:00 AM »
I say that A8 has a good initial TURN (dont know where did you read that the roll has anything to do with that) if faster than 300mph. If slower than 250, the Hog outturns it easily. In fact it can play hula-hop around the wuerger.

Hispeed 190 turning is very good because it doesnt bleed a lot of speed in the forst 2-3 seconds, thats why hispeed 190 jinking is a good move to make the enemy burn E.

A8 turns WORSE than a F4U if slower than 250 because at those speeds 190's E retention is much lower while F4U's is good. The result is that while F4U has more E the 190 will get slow...and slow 190 is dead 190.

Regarding C and D hawgs...It has NOTHING to do with 20mm cannons, but from the fact that C was developed from A as a air to air plane.
 D version was a HEAVIER plane as it had more bomb racks and hard points for rockets (I think that AH models this bad ,as F4UC has exactly the same AG load than D...and that isnt correct AFAIK).

-lazs-

« Reply #124 on: June 05, 2000, 02:48:00 PM »
ram... I am saying that the 190A8 and the Hog 1D turn within 5% of each other even under 250mph.... I say the -1 should turn 30% better than an A8 at the least.  What do you say?  

Any -1 with wep weighs within 100-180 lbs of any other -1 with wep so long as the loadout is the same.   The extra pilons and related equipment are insignificant weight wise.

-1("a") with wep,fighter, no drop tank  = 12,039lbs.

-1D fighter weight same equipment loadout = 11,962lbs.

Earlier Corsairs had wing tanks (about 700 extra lbs when full) and some confusion about "internal fuel" exists.  When  -1's use only the 237 gallon center tank they all weigh about the same.
lazs

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #125 on: June 05, 2000, 03:12:00 PM »
I was watching a medium sized black bird(crow?)
Zoom and boom a larger black bird(Raven?) while i was drinking beer and watching the little pongos have it out in the sprinkler on Sunday instead of playing AH.
Those crows know how to hold E.
<S> crows.

------------------
"Stupids are like flies. they are everywere, but are easy to kill"
RAM

Offline Arrow

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.33rd.org
« Reply #126 on: June 05, 2000, 03:41:00 PM »
Personally, there's only so much reality that I'd like to see.  I've got more than a few hundred hours in bug smashers myself and I can tell you one thing.  Some things are a pain in the bellybutton to deal with every time you change attitude or power.

Ever do a bunch of pattern work, or claw your way up on a very long assent?  My friggen right leg starts to shake from the constant rudder input required.  Oh, btw, in most air planes, the rudder trim is down under the glare shield or seat. (not easy to get to.)  

So, I'll be quite happy as long as my NIK doesn't get out turned by a B17!

-Arrow

P.S. course.. even if he don't out turn me, it don't mean I ain't gonna auger

-lazs-

« Reply #127 on: June 06, 2000, 08:26:00 AM »
lags should outturn 109F's and easily outurn G's.   190A (LOL)8's should turn at least 30% or so worse than any model corsair.   Corsair should turn slightly better than P51.  dunno, did those Machi's really turn with Spits?  I still think all of the planes turn too poorly but comparitively, these seem off the most.
lazs

Offline Purzel

• Copper Member
« Reply #128 on: August 17, 2000, 10:30:00 AM »
Hiya!

Err im no expert, but HTC said something about the reduced energy-drain, not the turn rate. Therefor it could now be possible that the planes can now keep their corner-speed longer and therefor do a 360° turn faster.

So i dont know why this whole thread is about turn-rates because, theyre not to changed i think...

OK, then

------------------
CU

Purzel

Offline Torque

• Gold Member
« Reply #129 on: August 17, 2000, 10:54:00 AM »
Look what the dog dug up in the backyard.