Author Topic: i need some help  (Read 326 times)

Offline Matt1221b

• Copper Member
i need some help
« on: July 31, 2002, 10:21:36 PM »
well i start off with the b-26 and i go and bomb a red base, mayb i loose a wingman or something but everything is fine until i go to land...my gear doesnt come down  and i havnt changed the key and when i am up over the target or on my way to the target my gear comes down...but everytime i want to land it doesnt come down? any help

Offline Innominate

• Gold Member
i need some help
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2002, 10:22:58 PM »
There is a maximum speed to drop your gear at.  Slow down THEN drop them.

Offline Matt1221b

• Copper Member
i need some help
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2002, 11:06:27 PM »
i have slowed down even to thhe point were i shut off my engines and they still dont drop
even on the fighters (on every plane)

Offline akak

• Silver Member
      • http://www.479thraiders.com
i need some help
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2002, 12:11:35 AM »
Originally posted by Matt1221b
i have slowed down even to thhe point were i shut off my engines and they still dont drop
even on the fighters (on every plane)

make sure you're 200mph or slower before trying to lower your gear.

ack-ack

Offline snafu

• Silver Member
      • http://www.btinternet.com/~snaffers
i need some help
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2002, 04:20:45 AM »
Hi Matt,
 As said above, I think it is speed related. the chances are you did not raise the gear quick enough after take off (Or lowered it at high speed (unlike flaps it will still lower at speed)

You do say in your post....
and when i am up over the target or on my way to the target my gear comes down...but everytime i want to land it doesnt come down? any help

If this happens the gear will be unservicable.. (You can check this by pulling up the damage list (ctrl-d on my system but you might need to map it). If the gear shows red it's busted.

TTFN
snafu

Offline Matt1221b

• Copper Member
i need some help
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2002, 09:43:00 AM »
i really dont think it is speed relaed because i slow down so much and try to lower the gear but it doesnt lower..iv tried it at 100%-0% and it only seems to work when im over the targets or heading but iv checked my gear and it says it is fine but it never goes down, sometimes it works on the way back but it wont open when i want it to
:confused:

Offline Innominate

• Gold Member
i need some help
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2002, 10:09:01 AM »
If you slow down to below 150 mph and can't lower your gears, odds are you never raised it when you took off and broke the wheels off.

Offline Soda

• Silver Member
      • http://members.shaw.ca/soda_p/models.htm
i need some help
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2002, 02:44:46 PM »
Can you drop your flaps?  If you can then you should be slow enough to lower your gear.  I would check to ensure the G isn't damaged (Ctrl-D) or that you have your key-re-mapped just to be sure next time (Go into Setup, Keys, and check the gear, I think it's under flight-settings or something).

Never heard of not being able to lower gear.  I fly the B-26 quite often myself and I've never had a problem unless I'm overspeed (over 200mph) in which case it won't let you lower them for fear of tearing them off.

-Soda
The Assassins.

Offline MaddogJoe

• Nickel Member
i need some help
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2002, 03:56:17 PM »
remember that just dropping your throttle to 0% is not slowed down. It takes time to slow down.... even more to slow the fighters.

Watch your speedometer, when it FINALlY gets under 200, give it a try.

Maddog Joe