Author Topic: Word from Skuzzy about the SE arena Problems  (Read 412 times)

Offline jordi

• Platinum Member
      • noseart
Word from Skuzzy about the SE arena Problems
« on: August 06, 2002, 05:48:01 PM »
this was posted in General Forum . . .

Skuzzy explains the WHY's of some of the problems we have been having with the DNS and the Areana problems.

Go here to read more about it - if you are into technical stuff !

http://www.hitechcreations.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=60845&referrerid=4535

-----

Skuzzy

Correct,...propagation delay due to expiration of DNS caches in the local ISP DNS servers cause delays for full propagation by the time in the SOA header of the domain.
In this case, the expiration is 2 weeks. Although refreshes are set to 24 hours.

Now, why the change?

Well folks, AppLink is about to close shop and I will be in the market for a job. I won't bore you with the details.
The transition of the HTC domain was supposed to go smoother, but some miscommunications occurred and that is what caused the overall problem.
I want to stress, it was not an error on HTC's part that caused the problem.

On a more personal note. Sorry I missed the CON this year, but I had to get my stuff moved out of the office. Going to miss you lugs, as of tomorrow, I will not have an Internet connection and do not know when I will ba back.
On the congestion with the CT/TA areanas. During this shutdown of AppLink I had to put everyone through the last reminaing Internet backbone connection. This is causing congestion and problems with connections to the CT/TA.
Again, not HTC's fault. Put it on me, not them. They were caught a bit off gaurd by all this and had the CON to deal with as well.

The gang at HTC are some of the best people I have ever had the pleasure of being associated with and the community here is a great one. to all.

Now,..cook my goose.

skuzzy@applink.net
AW - AH Pilot 199? - 200?
Pulled out of Mothballs for DGS Allied Bomber Group Leader :)

Nose art

Offline Squire

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2002, 01:56:22 AM »
So is releif on the way?
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
1841 Squadron Fleet Air Arm
Aces High since Tour 24

Offline jordi

• Platinum Member
      • noseart
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2002, 02:23:52 PM »
From what we have been told - yes.
AW - AH Pilot 199? - 200?
Pulled out of Mothballs for DGS Allied Bomber Group Leader :)

Nose art