Author Topic: 93  (Read 165 times)

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« on: September 11, 2002, 08:08:50 PM »
With complete, and total admiration, for the people of New York.  I have to say that, for me, flight 93 will always be our answer to the 9.11 attack. More so than Afghanistan, or what we may do in the future.

The men, and women, on that flight where ordinary Americans. They where not a military unit.  They had no training. They where going about there lives, when they where caught completely off guard. Their reaction was to risk, and lose, their lives. They didn't sacrifice their lives to follow some looney. Or to draw attention to some, would be, cause. They did it to save the lives of fellow Americans.

I am grateful to these brave men, and women, for many things. Mostly, I am grateful to them for reminding me of something I learned as a boy, and had forgotten.  There is nothing ordinary about an ordinary American.

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2002, 08:55:30 PM »
well said sir

Offline Elfenwolf

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2002, 09:45:15 PM »
Amen Easymo. <> bud.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2002, 09:50:04 PM »
Yep, well said Easy.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline senna

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2002, 09:57:53 PM »
Holds up an airsoft M16 toy and yells, lalalalalala. :D Ok on to the serious stuff. America sure lost its innocence with 911, planes crashing into buildings. Maybe it will be better in the long run. I think easymo is right though but some people are gona be in denial so long as a 500pounder doesnt arrive on there doorsteps or their daughter or sun has not been blown up at Mcdonolds. I personally feel that every male adult who is an American or against terrorism is a soldier in his own way now in this day and age, chances are 1/10000 or whatever. Just be prepared to rip a rag head off if you need to. I know I would.

If you dont like the humor, sorry but Im not talking about persecuting harmless people. Im just saying airliners shoudnt carsh into buildings.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2002, 10:03:11 PM by senna »

Offline XNachoX

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2002, 10:51:31 PM »
GD senna.....AGAIN.  Bad form.
----------------------

MA:VFA-136 <==NIGHT HAWKS==>
CT:VF27 Hellcats
http://www.combathanger.com/bomb.htm - ALF's awesome bombing tutorial.

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2002, 11:15:58 PM »
I hope in my lifetime I never have to have the strength of character they did.  I hope that if I ever do, that I can messure up to such a high standard.