Author Topic: Too many presents for Christmas  (Read 346 times)

Offline MANDOBLE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.terra.es/personal2/matias.s
Too many presents for Christmas
« on: December 27, 2001, 07:47:00 AM »
You are looking a nearby mate HOing a nikki, your mate is disintegrated and the nikki looses a wing and fall near you. Surprise the kill is yours.
You are taking off from when you see a P38 trying to deack your field. The ack fried him and surprise, the kill is yours.
You are in a PT boat near your CV heading the coast and then you see a LANC falling near you, surprise, the kill is again yours.
You are in a M16 near an enemy field and a B17 failed to climb a nearby mountaing, surprise again, the kill is yours.

Too many kills without a single shot. IMO, kills should be awarded only if you pinged the target, else you are only a spectator of an accident. IMO, real maneouver kills are very rare while the other cases are the typical ones.

There are tons of deaths by the acks of fields or CV group that are given to the players. What about having the ack as a present enemy, so you get the message "you have killed by the ack". In the other hand, when you are killed by the ack and no enemy is present, the kill is not added to your plane count of deaths.

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2001, 11:14:00 AM »
"IMO, kills should be awarded only if you pinged the target"

They are, sort of. You only get perks for the kills which you ping. manouver kills (hey, if he smashed into a mountain when near you, whats to say he wasnt watching you and hit the hill?) are just that  :)

Offline Am0n

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2001, 11:20:00 AM »
I agree with this mandoble.

Also to many kill rewarded for 1 pings. some times i'll snap shot a guy, doing no visable damage bearly pinging with 50cals and someone will swoop down shredding them to dust and i'll get the kill.. lol i know that has to piss people off, i know it sure does when im on the other side of things.

One thing pertaining to this i would like to mention is when there is a fight, both planes are mortaly wounded and crash but only one of the guys recieves credit for it, the last one to die. they are both "dead" if one dead guy can recieve credit for a kill i think 2 dead guys can.

Offline JaCkNiFe

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2001, 06:54:00 PM »
well umm u dont get points for it..... only if u REALLY shoot em down./.. or i thought

Offline Animal

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2001, 01:02:00 AM »
you dont get perks unless you bring them down. the kill message in the buffer is worthless anyways, so this thread is moot.

nice to see planes fall near you though. it always brings a laugh.

Offline Seeker

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2001, 04:32:00 AM »
Nothing's better, after you've died chasing an ack hugger, than to have that same ack hugger auger trying to strafe your chute.

Chute kills rool! and it's easier to embroid iron crosses on a chute than it is to paint 'em on the plane.

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2001, 04:47:00 AM »
Heh, that's the only way allies can score kills  :D  :)

Offline MANDOBLE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.terra.es/personal2/matias.s
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2001, 07:25:00 AM »
Even more, get rid of the assists. If you pinged enough the con then the kill is yours, else, nothing for you. If more than one pinged enough that enemy, then the victory should be shared.

There is another kind of Chirstmas present. When you are shotdown you wait until the last moment to bail out to minimize the time between that kill and your next take off. During your fall there is an army of vulters shooting at your already death plane and stealing the kill.

Offline Seeker

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2001, 05:40:00 PM »
The Allieds from the begining have awarded both individual and shared kills.

The Axis, Germany in the first world war, and Italy in the second, have favoured, initialy at least, unit victories.

What with sharing all points, rankings and perks equaly amongst mission members?