Author Topic: Sky color  (Read 257 times)

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
Sky color
« on: October 02, 2002, 06:16:57 PM »
Its getting to be the most beautiful time of year here in Minnesota.    As the temperature cools in October, the leaves of trees start turning color - and our landscape becomes a panoply of hues: dark, medium, and light greens blending to yellow, deep reds and bright oranges.   Some grasses turn shades of tan, and the sky can be the crispest, brightest blue you've ever seen.    The humidity drops, and with the moisture vapor gone, the atmosphere seems to have a crystal clarity.

Many days though, like today, we never see the sun.   The sky is a high overcast of gray, sometimes dark gray on the horizon, everywhere dotted with various gray-shaded cumulous clouds.

Is there a way to reproduce such a beautiful fall day in the terrain editor?     I mean, can you shade the entire sky gray, without having to resort to frame-rate killing cloudbanks?   And is it  possible to have gray sky, but still have ambient lighting bright enough to have no trouble seeing icons?
« Last Edit: October 02, 2002, 06:20:12 PM by oboe »

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
Sky color
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2002, 06:38:04 PM »
I'm hoping the new TE will allow this, since HiTech himself replaced the sky with night and the stars. BUT, I would doubt very highly we will see this in the TE for awhile.

NUTTZ
(hoping I am wrong)