Author Topic: My first 2 weeks 0.02  (Read 158 times)

Offline rabbit

• Zinc Member
My first 2 weeks 0.02
« on: January 12, 2002, 11:03:48 AM »
Just finished my 2 week thingie.

i hear and read a lot  about uber planes.

i do not look at  these  planes as "Uber" i have been killed by the Nik, the spit and the La7 more than anything else.  except the buffs !! these buff gunners are real sharp shooters!

as i was saying after 2 weeks here,  i have been flying the 51-D (dweeb ride) heard it all over the years in the other sims :D  but it is my plane of choice.

but, the best way that i have found to fight these planes is to have the alt/e atvantage. you  really have to know thy enemy here!!!
  If you fly your aircraft to its potential and fly it smart these planes arent so bad.  the thing that i  do not like is the HO but, that is just a fact of life  and it happens from time to to time.  just as it happened in real life.  just have to  change your merge tactics.

the gunnery model seems weird to me  but  im new to it so im sure it will take alot of time to get used to. ( i was more of a hoser/ spray and pray kind of guy in the old days )

this sim rocks! it is that simple.   the thing that i would change is. to have the arena's  to be larger.  too small for the amount of folks that are up these days.  i have heard that  this is being worked on .

and im sure that HT  and the folks there are working on gettting rid of the few bugs that i have encountered.

the community is great as well.  i would like to see more training information.  posted on squadron websites. it would lessen the pain of the learning curve.

just to know a few do's and dont's with these so called "uber" rides would have be a great help and im sure it would even  help the veteren pilots around here that are frustrated with some of the common aircraft that are encountered here.

I am not trying to say i  have mastered the game at  ( dont think you really ever master anything.) i pretty much am a dweeb/baby seal still.   i have a very long way to go just to learn  the do's and donts.  but what i have learned with  the La7,Spit, Nik and others is to just fly smart.

I not going to try to roll around on the deck  with  them ( unless i have  wingman i can trust.) and  im not going to get co E with them (although im sure it will happen more often then i  like. )

sometimes in the heat of a fight you think .... i can get this guy if i just pull a little more. then i end up dead. ( my fault  i should of bugged on  my first instinct. ) Thanks Colombo,Ren,Danno and Quick for those many hours training me .
 im sure ill get flamed about some this post. flame away. ( who does this jerk think he is!!!!) :D

I came from a sim that had  no support that got totally dumped on all of the time . but had a whole bunch of great pilots  there.
 i see a whole lot of whining and squeaking.  you really do not know how good you have it here. or you forget where you came from
i see the same stuff i saw back in the old days on  the open tac  that is not very nice but , then again i see alot of  good sportsmanship there too.

dont get me wrong im not an bellybutton kisser. everyone that knows me  knows that ill raise  a steenk if i think something is wrong.

Well i plan to stay here as long as i can  this is what an on line flight sim is all about !

thanks everyone for your help.

Offline deSelys

• Gold Member
<S> rabbit
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2002, 12:03:28 PM »
First of all, Welcome!

Sharp analysis of this game...impressive in just 2 weeks.

I think you'll cope just right, and you should quickly feel at home here.

For the do's and dont's, I'll let the trainers speak. But flying smart is the key of any successful sortie (furball, high-alt lone hunt, JABO...you name it).

Don't forget to try the Combat Theatre (CT). You'll either hate it or love it, but with CT and MA, HTC offers you a combination which should suit any of your moods/tastes.

Tour Of Duty events (TOD) are also a must. Even if you're not in a squad, it's possible to enlist as a guest during a couple of frames. 332nd Flying Mongrels will be happy to welcome you if you ask politely (besides, we definitely need someone to clean our dust covered planes. We provide pails, buckets, water and propwash ;) )

mate. Once again, welcome aboard!
Current ID: Romanov

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye... then it's just a game to find the eye

'I AM DID NOTHING WRONG' - Famous last forum words by legoman

Offline Horn

• Silver Member
Re: My first 2 weeks 0.02
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2002, 12:50:17 PM »
Originally posted by rabbit
I came from a sim that had  no support that got totally dumped on all of the time . but had a whole bunch of great pilots  there.
 i see a whole lot of whining and squeaking.  you really do not know how good you have it here. or you forget where you came from
i see the same stuff i saw back in the old days on  the open tac  that is not very nice but , then again i see alot of  good sportsmanship there too.

Glad yer stickin around, bro!
Hope to see you up there for a winging opportunity!

dh

Offline rabbit

• Zinc Member
My first 2 weeks 0.02
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2002, 02:15:32 PM »
thanks  guys.

i have been wanting to get into the CT and check it  all out .

and thanks for the invite.

Horn who  ya flyin fer?

ya still Damned?

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
My first 2 weeks 0.02
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2002, 03:37:30 PM »
Great you are diggin AH!..I remember Dano from AW3.He tought me about angles fighting a couple of years ago in a training arena and it made me %50 better pilot.:D
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline Horn

• Silver Member
My first 2 weeks 0.02
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2002, 04:56:27 PM »
Originally posted by rabbit

Horn who ya flyin fer?
ya still Damned?

Well, I wanted to get better before trying to get back in--I found this sim was like startin all over again, but  I guess once Damned, always Damned :D Definitely Knights, either way.

I'm usually up early eves, Mountain Standard time.

See ya up!

Horn