Author Topic: What's a good site to find decent airline ticket prices for the upcoming con?  (Read 146 times)

Offline SunKing

• Gold Member
What's a good site to find airline ticket prices for the upcoming con?

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
What's a good site to find decent airline ticket prices for the upcoming con?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2002, 10:38:26 PM »
Try Travelocity.
sand

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2002, 11:34:04 PM »
Travelocity
 Expedia

used to be Eaasy sabre but they were absorbed or transgendered or something.....possibly french..
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline Airscrew

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2002, 08:53:20 AM »
Hotwire.com is supposed to be pretty good. But read their rules real good before buying a ticket through Hotwire.
 My experience has been they're all close to the same price.
Also
Continental, Delta and Southwest Airlines have their own websites for tickets.

I was going to fly to DC last summer and researched flights from Austin to DC, Travelocity, Expidia, HotWire, Delta.....all the same price within 10-30 dollars

AirScrew

Offline Mickey1992

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2002, 12:10:17 PM »
Set up a profile on Travelocity, then you can tell it to email you when the price of a certain flight between two destinations changes more than a certain amount.  This way if an airline runs a special, you can jump on it.

Offline Greese

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/greese125
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2002, 12:53:24 PM »
I always go Priceline.  It's always been very nice for my wife and I when we make travle plans.  You can get some very good deals.

I also keep an eye on the airlines webpages.  Often times, they will have internet only deals, or other specials not available through anyone but them.  

I check Orbitz too, usually they have better prices than other online agencies.

Priceline usually first though.  I start bidding at incredibly low prices, and even though they say "1 in a million chance" or whatever, I stick with it.  I would say that 25% of the time they buy it right there.  We booked a few nights stay at a golf resort in Tucson not long ago, and got an excellent room with all amenities for more than half off what anyone else would have charged.

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2002, 11:13:49 AM »
Originally posted by Greese
I always go Priceline.  It's always been very nice for my wife and I when we make travle plans.  You can get some very good deals.

Maybe it's changed since the last time I looked at PriceLine, but I disliked that fact that I couldn't lock down a price. Once I'd taken the tickets, the price could go up.

This far in advance, you should be able to use Travelocity to buy some sweet tickets early. That's really the key. Purchase your tickets months in advance. Example... the last time I bought tickets for a Los Angeles to DC trip, it was $180 round trip on Continental, with one layover. Worst case, wait until a week before and non-stop and the cost skyrockets to as much as $2K.
sand