Author Topic: installing AH on new PC  (Read 333 times)

Offline Apar

• Silver Member
installing AH on new PC
« on: December 01, 2002, 10:21:50 AM »
I build a new system and I installed AH on the new system.
I would like to copy all settings from old compu to the new compu.
Does anybody know which files I should copy?

Thanks in advance.

Offline ra

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
installing AH on new PC
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2002, 10:43:59 AM »
Why not just copy all the AH files over and then install AH over top?

Offline Gonz0

• Zinc Member
installing AH on new PC
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2002, 12:12:58 PM »
Try software like PC Relocator.  It will help you drag files to new system...not just AH...but any that you want to transfer.  The are also freeware versions of this type as long as you have cabling.  Try searching PCworld.com or Cnet.

Gonz0

Offline Dingbat

• Silver Member
      • http://mysite.verizon.net/res0v1l1
installing AH on new PC
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2002, 03:32:23 PM »
I install AH then copy paste the old AH over top.  Never had any problems and  I've done it like 5 times

Offline Apar

• Silver Member
installing AH on new PC
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2002, 09:16:24 AM »
Thx guys, I did what Dingbat suggested, but only copied the plane setting files and the sound files over the new AH folders.
I had to do so, because WinXP changed the id's of the USB controllers (Saitek X45 and CH Pedals Pro) and I couldn't save changes to the old cntrl.cfg file any more.
Using a fresh setting folder allowed me to setup the controllers again. It's all running smoooooooooothhhh now.

Cheers, :)

Offline DAVENRINO

• Silver Member
installing AH on new PC
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2002, 12:17:33 PM »
Apar,
I always keep a fresh copy of Aces High/Settings and Sights on a floppy or CD and on my second hard drive.  It makes it so easy to do a reinstall or transfer to a new puter or hd.  That will include your video settings, stick settings, keyboard mapping, head positios, and convergence settings.  Whenever a new patch comes out, I dl the full version and store it somewhere in case I need to reinstall. Then I do a fresh isnatall of everything includings Mitsu's latest sound pack after deleting the Aces High/Sounds folder.  IMHO it it always better to do a fresh install rather than copy new onto old, preserving any corrupted files you might have.
DJ229
DAVE aka DJ229-AIR MAFIA
CH USB HOTAS/ONKYO 705 7.2 SURROUND SOUND/ 60" SONY A3000 SXRD  TV