Author Topic: Thanks to those in TA late last night  (Read 763 times)

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Thanks to those in TA late last night
« on: January 12, 2001, 10:18:00 AM »
After our Japanese Jabo mission, I let my son use my computer to fly Aces High in the Training Arena before bed.  His computer isn't fast enough to load AH so he's limited to playing Warbirds offline with drones, which he's been doing for 1.5 years now.

First thing he selected was the F4U-1D.  He then (by himself on my lap, me on the rudder pedels) took off and proceeded to kill 3 enemy before he himself was shot down by 2 others that 'teamed up' on him.

Not bad for a 4 year old.  

Incidently, he will have his own account, probably next year, although his handle is already taken.."Gordo"..so what do you think we should give him for a nick name?

RipShort?

[This message has been edited by Ripsnort (edited 01-12-2001).]

Offline WarChild

• Zinc Member
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2001, 10:24:00 AM »
Robin... for the "Boy Wonder"

Offline Mickey1992

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2001, 10:29:00 AM »
"...by himself on my lap, me on the rudder pedels..."

Does that mean that Rip gets 3 assists?  

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2001, 10:50:00 AM »
I might add that I only assisted in take-off due to the engine torque, once airborn, my feet were off the pedals.

He also drove the tank, and shot down 1 A/C with the MG's on it...so, a total of 4 kills.
I then asked the fellows to bomb him as I wanted to go to sleep!

Offline Jekyll

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.bigpond.net.au/phoenix
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2001, 04:09:00 PM »
I know what you mean Rip - Aces High is a favourite for my 5 year old as well.  He's just managed his first safe landing with a P51, and has 4 kills in the MA at present under my handle  

Maybe HTC should redefine their audience demographic?  There's bound to be a large market out there in preschoolers?  Maybe instead of noseart they could have 'Barney the Dinosaur' et al painted on the noses of their a/c