Author Topic: IDEA - illuminated bomber sights  (Read 405 times)

Offline Fidd

• Copper Member
IDEA - illuminated bomber sights
« on: March 20, 2001, 10:54:00 AM »
I find the Lancaster bomb-sight very hard to use, especially the horzontal bar - when bombing in the dark. Would it be possible to make the sight illuminated - or red!
ps.  A slightly extended "night" would also be welcome! (loves flying lancs at night)

Fidd

Titanium

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2001, 11:06:00 AM »
Hiya Fidd,
         I hear what your saying but !!! Let's keep some skill level in bombing at night or else all the none-buffers will be after our guns being downgraded   or similar
I for one love the night now it's back and find it thrilling trying to line up in pitch black  

Have Fun

Tit

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2001, 11:09:00 AM »
When we had night before, I wasn't a big fan - I used to log off.

The other day I was caught by the night in a b26 over an enemy field - not only was it absolutely stunning in 32 bit and 1280x1024 - but it saved my arse from a couple of prowling 205's.

I will be making it a point to fly at night from now on.  
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2001, 11:25:00 AM »
Nights rock!  However, we need some night fighters (P61, P61, P61!), then even the fighter jocks may be happy once again (Give em a sort of night radar, and have icons turn black like they did when a storm front approached..)

Moose11

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2001, 11:36:00 AM »
Funny how so many people complained about night and were against it's return, and now everyone loves it.

I've yet to see it but it must be cool if it turned so many people into hypocrites!   (said with humor, of course)

Offline J_A_B

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2001, 11:39:00 AM »
I'm still against night, since it makes the game unplayable for me.   But since I've already said that, I see no reason to continually whine about it.

J_A_B

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2001, 12:03:00 PM »
Yup.. black crosshair doesn't mix up with the night.

Offline mx22

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2001, 12:33:00 PM »
Rip,

Not to start a flame or anything, but what would be the difference between P-61 and fighters that we have now in the game (well besides the point that you like it )? As long as we have inflight radar map, radar equipped night fighters bring nothing new into the game.

mx22

Offline loser

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2001, 12:37:00 PM »
i would like to know if the lancs etc that bomberd at night had black crosshairs or is they indeed sported a different colour.  

and noooo Ripsnort wants the p61 cause I like it and made a model of it when i was like 6.  I wonder how it would fly really....it didnt fly so hot when my model broke lose from the ceiling and crashed to the floor. Im dumb

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2001, 12:52:00 PM »
True, MX22, but if your country dar is down, you're SOL.  Also, the icons are not realistic for night ops, makes it all too easy!

I've had a love affair with the P61 since my first airshow in 1963..when I was put into the cockpit of one (In dads lap of course), at age 3...that image is burned into my mind!

When CK came out , I started harping for one, still waiting!  It takes a great deal of work to create one with any CADD systme with the loft lines on that A/C..but I understand that HTC doesn't have te artistic talent to create one...so I may just have to create my own flight sim!   (G,D,R)

Sturm

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2001, 01:10:00 PM »
Which brings to mind my favorite the HE-219 radar on all the time albeit short range.  Just think of the tactical varieties now.  Radar goes down send up a couple Uhu's to present enemy cons vectors.  I am all for the 61 and 219