Author Topic: Scoring page is misleading?  (Read 222 times)

Offline JoyFul

• Zinc Member
Scoring page is misleading?
« on: December 12, 2002, 12:14:23 AM »
Eskimo

I swear it's nothing personal :) but you answered correctly to my last replies and your actully ranked number one so you may answer some of these questions I can't find any clue how it's happening.

If you go in my score page and yours, you can see some strange differences I can't explain:  :confused:

In fighter vs Enemies
Me: k/d 3.333 ranked 159
You: k/d 1.92857 ranked 35 ???

Me: k/sorties 1.25 ranked 395
You: k/sorties 1.22727 ranked 43 ???

Me: Points 11197.3209 ranked 200
You: Points 4252.07929 ranked 6 ?????????

And you can find many other weird ranking numbers.  How are they count?  It seem the score page doesn't reflect correctly the ranks.

In Bombers vs Objects:

Me ranked 146 with 3 "Bomber: field captures"
You ranked 145 with 0 "Bomber: field captures" ??? :eek:

And the last but none the least, I really can't figure what we must hit to get some % on this one, the GV/Boat vs Objects hit %.

Me: always been with 0% ranked 2472
You: 0% ranked 128 ???

Anyway, I found plenty of weird things in this score page.  For sure there is half of it where you are far better than me, but is this the things that screw my rank?  Example, you Hit % vs Nme in Fighter is 11.639% and you are ranked 9.  It seem fair, I'm at 6.168% and ranked 849, it's not impossible.

Thanks!

:)

Offline Innominate

• Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2002, 12:17:24 AM »
IIRC eskimo is only #1 in the CT.
The CT and MA have different stats.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2002, 12:42:58 AM »
Originally posted by Innominate
IIRC eskimo is only #1 in the CT.
The CT and MA have different stats.

plus the rank page defaults to the CT ranks for some reason, clicking on "get ranks" will send it to the MA rank page.

eskimo hasn't flown in MA this tour yet.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2002, 07:16:21 PM »
What they said for most of your questions.  They really need to fix that default to CT thing.

As far as "And the last but none the least, I really can't figure what we must hit to get some % on this one, the GV/Boat vs Objects hit %. "

The only way that you get a vehicle hit % against objects, is with a PT boat.  Only torp and rocket hits count.

eskimo

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2002, 07:21:12 PM »
Originally posted by eskimo2
What they said for most of your questions.  They really need to fix that default to CT thing.

As far as "And the last but none the least, I really can't figure what we must hit to get some % on this one, the GV/Boat vs Objects hit %. "

The only way that you get a vehicle hit % against objects, is with a PT boat.  Only torp and rocket hits count.

eskimo

to get hit% vs object in a pt... i dunno about torps.. (never successfully dropped one) but i have shot some rockets at a city (not town) on mindanao and destroyed some stuff... then i saw i had 25% in the vs object stat for boats... lol, ranked at like 8 or something.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2002, 07:28:43 PM »
Originally posted by Shane
to get hit% vs object in a pt... i dunno about torps.. (never successfully dropped one) but i have shot some rockets at a city (not town) on mindanao and destroyed some stuff... then i saw i had 25% in the vs object stat for boats... lol, ranked at like 8 or something.

I'm pretty sure (but not 100%) that torps give you a GV/Object hit%.  When I first figured out that GV/Object hit% came from PTs, it was after torping a CV.  I still torp CVs when the opportunity presents itself, its great fun.

Any time you get one of your sub-category numbers above 0, your rank will make a big jump.

eskimo