Author Topic: This new Perk system sucks  (Read 1272 times)

Offline MotorOil

• Copper Member
This new Perk system sucks
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2002, 11:11:54 AM »
Love the new system.  Only been on for a couple of flights since the update and it took me a couple minutes to remember the new perk system after landing 10 points with 4 kills in an F6F.  Needless to say I like the system.  I'm the kind of flyer who enjoys using my perk points to auger a 262 or Tempest once in a while.  Now I can build my points faster and crash these planes more often and cheaply on some evenings.

Been with the Rooks since day one and I love to see the whiners who have always had numbers!  Keep it coming!  Pay back is a squeak aint it.

Seriously it sounds like we are seeing more perk planes in the air also, makes for a more interesting kill when you down a Tempest in an FM2.  Not many opportunities to do that before!:rolleyes:

Offline MANDOBLE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.terra.es/personal2/matias.s
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2002, 11:27:40 AM »
The system is good, but it would be even better if also considered for normal points, not only for perks.

Offline ccvi

• Gold Member
      • http://www.carl-eike-hofmeister.de/
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2002, 11:32:16 AM »
Originally posted by Pepe
Oh...and I'm proud to belong to the most powerful and efficient economic empire of AH: Rookland. We produce more, and cheaper!

No, not more. Just cheaper and of higher quality ;)

Offline ccvi

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2002, 11:34:31 AM »
Originally posted by Rude
Who needs a perk vehicle or plane to win?

... when you have twice the numbers?

;)

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2002, 12:38:24 PM »
Overall I think the perk modifier is a step in the right direction. Yes it has flaws - not going to use Rook, Knit, or Bish for example for fear of upsetting someone. We all know at times during the game two countries attack the other one, so if A has 100 players, B has 150 and C has 200 and A and B both attack C then the perk system doen't work. Techincally A+B has 25% more players, yet C still gets penalised and B is laughing all the way to the perk bank. But as I said it is a step in the right direction and no doubt will be refined in the coming months. Yes I am a knit and since the perk system was introduced have seen a slight increase in cost of perked AC and GV's depending on time of day, but overall have no complaints as I am sure the the modifier system will be refined.
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo
2 x 2Gb Corsair 1066 DDR2 memory

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2002, 01:25:17 PM »
Nice to see HTC trying things to balance the game and I like the idea of the current perk weighting.   Of course, I rarely fly perk planes so who the hell cares what I think?  :)
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2002, 01:43:41 PM »
Here's the frikkin beauty of this system.

No more love muffines bringing their tempests, 262's, etc. to a gangbang vulchfest.

Offline krazyhorse

• Nickel Member
« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2002, 03:44:27 PM »
i like it ,

Offline g00b

• Nickel Member
« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2002, 06:10:39 PM »
Last night I logged on to very even teams. I really like the new system. It's not perfect but it's a great step in the right direction, maybe tone down the perk offsets just a bit. The following quote was a really nice interpretation but I wanted to point out a misperception.

"We all know at times during the game two countries attack the other one, so if A has 100 players, B has 150 and C has 200 and A and B both attack C then the perk system doen't work. Techincally A+B has 25% more players, yet C still gets penalised and B is laughing all the way to the perk bank."

This only make sence if you believe that 100% of both teams A and B attack team C, in reality this never happens. Near the end of a war the two larger teams typically fight each other to get more bases. At the end of a war I'd guess maybe 50% of teams A and B would actually be attacking C.

Offline Shadowmyst

• Zinc Member
Perk balance
« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2002, 12:51:21 AM »
Love it!!! WTG HT!!!

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2002, 12:51:23 AM »
Agreed Goob, but depending on numbers the scenario could happen. Depends on how unbalanced the numbers are on each side to start with. You could still end up with the team with most players "outnumbered". E.g A has 200 B has 199 C has 195. If go ing for a reset tema A could easily find itself outnumbered. Still as I said this is new and I am sure refinements will be made as situations occur.
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo
2 x 2Gb Corsair 1066 DDR2 memory

Offline ccvi

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: December 20, 2002, 06:07:12 AM »
Sure it does not help side balancing (as moving about equal numbers of players to each front-line).

But it still is fun! :)