Author Topic: MS Sidewinder Percision 2 profile?  (Read 484 times)

Offline Maxum

• Zinc Member
MS Sidewinder Percision 2 profile?
« on: December 21, 2002, 04:32:49 PM »
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knows of a place to download a profile for AH to use on my MS Sidewinder Percision 2 joystick.

Thanks,

Offline MutleyBR

• Copper Member
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2002, 01:51:10 PM »
Hi Maxum!
Here's mine. Unzip it to to your profiles folder.
Buttons 1 & 2, standard, fire primary, fire secondary or drop tanks.
Button 3 = WEP, Button 4 = X(auto pilot level), Button 5 = Z(zoom), Button 6 = Alt-X(auto pilot speed or auto climb), Button 7 = NUMPAD 5(look straight up), Button 8 = f12(Mike button for range radio).
Hat switch all views standard, except pushing forward wil give you an up/forward view(good for following planes in turns).
Pressing button 7 and using hat switch at the same time will give you vision up/all around.
After you install this, don't forget that you can set your head position for all views using the standard cursor arrows and page up and page down(head higher/lower). Do this for every view and save that view with f10. For example, press 2 on numpad, and KEEP IT PRESSED! You get back view, than press up arrow to move your head forward than press page up to move head up, press f10, now release 2 on numpad. Experiment with al views. You have to do this with every plane you fly, but once saved with f10 it fixes your choices.
That's it for now! Happy 2003 with lots of kills!!!!!
« Last Edit: December 31, 2002, 02:00:58 PM by MutleyBR »
"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan properly."
Nick Lapos, chief R&D pilot, Sikorsky Aircraft

"To go up, pull the stick. To go down, pull the stick back harder..."

Offline jonnyb

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2002, 02:49:37 PM »
I've got my buttons mapped as follows:

1) primary fire
2) secondary fire
3) toggle ordinance/drop tanks
4) WEP
5) flaps up
6) zoom
7) mic
8) flaps down

I miss the "shift" button from my original sidewinder....it helped with the views.  However, I've become accustomed to just pressing numpad 5 as I keep my stick just to the right of my keyboard.

Offline Maxum

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2002, 03:07:20 PM »
Thanks guys!

Offline Montezuma

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2002, 03:22:01 PM »
I use 'stick sets' for my MS Precision 2.

Why?  Because this way you can toggle between normal views and 'up' views just by hitting a button, instead of having to hold down a button while you use your view hat.

This is how you do it:

One button is set to toggle between Stick Set 1 and 2.
Stick Set 1:  Button 1 = Stick Set 2
Stick Set 2:  Button 1 = Stick Set 1

Then, you set your views:
Stick Set 1:  Hat up = Forward/Up
Stick Set 2:  Hat up = Up

Stick Set 1:  Hat left = Left view
Stick Set 2:  Hat left = Up/Left view
etc.

For the rest of your functions that you will need in a fight; guns, flaps, etc, its use the same commands in both stick sets:
Stick Set 1:  Trigger = F (fire guns)
Stick Set 2:  Trigger = F (fire guns)
etc.

You can easily set up a MS Precision 2 for AH without even loading the 'Profiler' at all.  Just use the stick and key mapping tools in AH.

Offline ergRTC

• Silver Member
      • http://bio2.elmira.edu/DMS/index.pl?table=content&faculty=1&page=1
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2003, 04:30:00 PM »
I like button 2 as zoom.  Feels right that way.

ALso, search your heart out for an sfs throttle.  More hats an switches than you can throw a stick at, I got mine for 14 dollars.

You can program it just by hitting a button on the throttle then hitting the corresponding button on the keyboard.  Allows some really wicked view combos.

did I mention its a dual throttle?

Offline Doctorr

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2003, 11:11:09 AM »
I use the standard "set 1" like all of you guys( button 3 for radio, button 4 for toggle weapons  and like montezuma i also use stick set "2" for different views ( "UP " LOOKS ), and set "3" for additional settings.
AH gives us a great oportunity to set the stick with many options.
Remeber when moving to stick set 2 or 3, always set the main guns and wep also so u dont find urself in stick set 2 , with up looks and no guns or wep .( button 5 is wep for me-just under my thumb)
I also fit in the maps views( button 8, ,) zoom in and out ( button 7 ), gears ( button 6 ) , flaps  and mic.
Doc