Author Topic: How do you capture a factory?  (Read 379 times)

Offline Elrond

• Zinc Member
How do you capture a factory?
« on: January 06, 2003, 06:06:09 PM »
I've been playing for 3 months and know I've seen factories and cities that have been captured.  Exactly how do you do that?  Does it affect resupplies if you do capture a factory?

Thanks.

Offline SpinDoc1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2003, 06:18:38 PM »
You can't capture factories directly (such as with a C47 or M3), you can merely destroy them time and again. I think zone bases have something to do with the control of factories and supplies, although someone more versed in the capture of such bases could tell you more. (Click on the Z on the clipboard above the map to see the zone bases, this is obvious on the pizza map).
AKSpnDoc
Spin Doc's Aces High VR Video channel! https://youtu.be/BKk7_OOHkgI

Offline Starbird

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2003, 09:09:13 PM »
On the pizza map (akdesert) if you capture a zone base, the factories inside that zone will switch over to your team.

each zone has its own set of strat targets.  the team that controls the zone field controls the strats.

if you want to hamper the enemy you need to take out the strats inside that zone, but it won't effect any other zone (I believe this is how it works).

You can see it in the strat screen, theres a zone listed and the strat %'s for the field that is curently displayed