Author Topic: 1/3 of the Bee Gees gone  (Read 775 times)

Offline Johnny Bud

• Zinc Member
1/3 of the Bee Gees gone
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2003, 05:01:02 AM »
Mickey Finn, drummer for TRex died the same day. Also of note famed blues harp player Richard Newell of my home town, Hamilton Ontario passed on the same Sunday. King Biscuit Boy as he was known played with Ronnie Hawkins as well as a legion of other blues legends like himself. A rough weekend for Rock and Roll.

R.I.P.

Offline aztec

• Silver Member
1/3 of the Bee Gees gone
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2003, 05:33:08 AM »
What happened to Micky Johnny? I'm an old TRex fanatic...named my son Marc, wanted his middle name to be Bolan but his mother hogged up on that.

Back to the BeeGees, they did have a long and successful career before disco and wrote many, many great songs. Also FWIW, they didn't choose disco...disco chose them.

Offline Johnny Bud

• Zinc Member
1/3 of the Bee Gees gone
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2003, 09:03:49 AM »
Re: Mickey

Exact cause not announced yet but liver problems were recently an issue.

All I know for now.

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
1/3 of the Bee Gees gone
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2003, 09:30:17 AM »
I just cant stand disco, no offense to the Gibbs. They CHOSE money which meant disco at that time. Staying Alive...ughh
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
1/3 of the Bee Gees gone
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2003, 11:21:37 AM »
Listening to Slider right now by TRex.  Marc Bolen was awesome.  I can still remember being 5 years old in 1978 and telling my brother to throw Slider on the truntable, right to Track 8, Telegram Sam.  The memories.

I personally could care less about the Grateful Dead.  Don't own a single record, tape, cd, dvd, 8 track, minidisc, dat or reel-to-reel of them.  

Mickey.  From one drummer to another.

Karaya2
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC