Author Topic: Tree Problem  (Read 520 times)

Offline NHawk

• Silver Member
Tree Problem
« on: January 30, 2003, 11:54:04 AM »
I have a slight problem with some tress I'm trying to add to a terrain. If you look at the picture, the left side of the tree top is flattened and squared off. The other problem is the trunk of the tree, the "see through" area just doesn't belong there. Any ideas?

Most of the people you meet in life are like slinkies. Pretty much useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
-------------------------------
Sometimes I think I have alzheimers. But then I forget about it and it's not a problem anymore.

Offline detch01

• Silver Member
Tree Problem
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2003, 04:04:09 PM »
Have a look at the alpha bmp for the trees. The problem is likely there. Make sure the areas that you want to see are pure white.

Cheers,
asw
Latrine Attendant, 1st class
semper in excretio, solum profundum variat

Offline NHawk

• Silver Member
Tree Problem
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2003, 04:49:11 PM »
Been there, done that. :)

I went so far as to enlarge the white portion of the alpha file so it's larger than the top of the tree. It seems AH is clipping the shape of the tree. I don't know if that's for height and width requirements or what.

The trunk problem I was able to solve by making the trunk width a little larger (still need to increase 1 more pixel).

Most of the people you meet in life are like slinkies. Pretty much useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
Sometimes I think I have alzheimers. But then I forget about it and it's not a problem anymore.

Offline detch01

• Silver Member
Tree Problem
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2003, 05:53:08 PM »
hmmm..I'm stumped.
asw
Latrine Attendant, 1st class
semper in excretio, solum profundum variat

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
Tree Problem
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2003, 06:15:24 PM »
Nhawk, It does the same thing to me. I have to make my new trees fit within the old ones.
NUTTZ

Offline BenDover

• Platinum Member
Tree Problem
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2003, 02:00:47 AM »
Originally posted by detch01
hmmm..I'm stumped.

thats ironic

Offline NHawk

• Silver Member
Tree Problem
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2003, 09:15:58 AM »
Well now that's interesting. That means AH has the tree shape and size hard coded into it and beyond those given parameters it ignores the positive and mask.

HT..any chance on getting a list of the shapes and sizes of the hard coded items? It would help quite a bit with custom bitmaps.

Originally posted by NUTTZ
Nhawk, It does the same thing to me. I have to make my new trees fit within the old ones.
NUTTZ