Author Topic: Bomber Problem/ Still  (Read 570 times)

Offline BGBMAW

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Bomber Problem/ Still
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2003, 04:55:19 AM »
no im crappy 56k hookup...usally 44,000bps...300 pings..crapy..but killable...

And ..yes oin the wind layer it def affects fromation at first...you see it in your clim rates also in ftrs when u hit the 14k...

Love BiGB
xoxo

Offline Mugzeee

• Silver Member
Bomber Problem/ Still
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2003, 10:44:27 AM »
Originally posted by BGBMAW
And ..yes oin the wind layer it def affects fromation at first...you see it in your clim rates also in ftrs when u hit the 14k...

oin, def, clim,u, Please correct your spelling errors.  And turn in your paper tomorrow.  :D

Offline Boozer

• Copper Member
Bomber Problem/ Still
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2003, 01:21:49 PM »
Buffs have a hard time keeping up with an agressive climb rate, but as was mentioned above 45 manifold  lets them stay with you at the autospeeds' default setting, the 14k hump adds a lot of lift and looses the buffs again, so..reduce to 40 manifold until you're 14.5 k and then back to 45 manifold.

Booz *hic*

now give me the active seperate ammo counts for each plane

Offline TheManx

• Copper Member
      • http://4wingonline.com
Bomber Problem/ Still
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2003, 11:19:41 AM »
As Posted by Boozer on Another Thread
go hijack another thread please.

I think you mistakenly left this on a different thread boozer :rolleyes:

Offline BGBMAW

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Bomber Problem/ Still
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2003, 02:49:02 PM »
lol mugzee..Im the Speeling Bee Champ in AH!!!!!!!!

BiGB
xoxo

Offline WhiteHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Bomber Problem/ Still
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2003, 12:36:27 PM »
I have no trubble, just cut throttle and fly straight on take off for
a cupple minutes, and make your turns at 150kias or so.  
  You can cut pretty sharp u's at that speed

Offline Blue Mako

• Silver Member
      • http://www.brauncomustangs.org/BLUEmako.htm
Bomber Problem/ Still
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2003, 09:42:46 PM »
Originally posted by hitech
Because im not sure it's broke. You post a lot of claims are you full throttle all the time. If so the drones shouldn't keep up.

Hmmmm.  Drones are the exact same plane as the leader, with the exact same loadout.  The drones should be perfectly capable of matching ANY maneuver the lead plane can do, including straight and level flight at full throttle.  Aside from lag due to reaction times, this is what real pilots with identical aircraft can do.

The drones should have exactly the same flight envelope as the lead aircraft.

I can understand the need to restrict drone AI but why should they not have the same performance as the lead aircraft?

Offline DmdNexus

• Silver Member
Bomber Problem/ Still
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2003, 12:29:34 PM »
I don't have a problem with the tether until I go level.

When I'm at 80% throttle all bombers types keep up just fine.

But with the B17 goes 100%, the two wings will gradually fall back and I will loose them if I don't pay attention. And this is going straight - no turns involved.

Also, when Bomber #1 looses a wing and is not dead yet (I'm in #2 gunning) 2 and 3 start to follow the decent.

By time I switch to #2 pilot seat, they are both (#2 and #3) already in a dive - some times in a spin and I loose all 3 buffs.

This is a big pain in the behind given all the time and effort to get to alt, calibrate, line up - etc.! (love the new system, but it still needs tweaking)

If I do manage to get to #2 in time, it goes into a dive as it starts its engines.

HT could you please have the engines already started - and assume the speed is at least 170 mphs.

Once a major part like a wing or a vert stabilizer is gone,  could the software consider that plane shot down and move control to the next plane in formation?

Having to leave gunning and move pilot control around is a big disadvantage to us buffers.

We are already contending with very skilled pilots who know how to attack buffs the correct way.

Any chance of getting an auto-gunner (even a weak one will do) so that we can attempt to get through a bomb run? These fighters also tend to wait until we are on our run to molest us.

I used to buff all the time - not so much these days, too much time and effort for little reward with this new system.

Even with correctly calibrated system, no change in speed, no change in altitude, I'm getting misses - not by fractions, but by 100s of yards. I haven't figured out why.

Dive bombing is a more effect way of bombing when I'm looking for results.

I think that's what everyone else has figured out and that's why there are fewer buffers now - except for us diehards.

Would love to see some more improvements.

Cheers,

DmdNexus