Author Topic: "Re-Booted"  (Read 332 times)

Offline earl1937

• Gold Member
"Re-Booted"
« on: April 13, 2012, 02:44:46 PM »
Skuzzy was right!!!! Comcast is having problems in and around the Chattanooga area right now. I had gotten used to the brief black screen flickers and didn't think to much about it, until I discussed it with a video engineer! Just a "millisecond" interruptions is enough to boot me off of a game on the Internet!! I called Comcast to voice my concerns and guess what? The standard comcast answer, "can't be us" and we'll come out and check your connections!! Just more Comcast BS! They are never going to admit having a problem because they might be forced to give you credit on your "overpriced" bill. Oh, well, for 50 cents a day, I am not going to complain, except to my dog. He is very understanding and everytime I let out a tirade for being disco'd right in the middle of a B-29 mission, he always comes over, licks my hand and I can hear him thinking, "what a idiot" for getting upset over a game!
Blue Skies and wind at my back and wish that for all!!!

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
Re: "Re-Booted"
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 03:04:02 PM »
Poor dog.   :rofl
SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline jeep00

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 03:04:27 PM »
Wtg puppy dog. They are great for realizing what is truly important, similar to kids but even more so.
Good luck in the long run, possibly Comcast is too science-y for Chatanooga. Certainly a stretch to call Comcast intelligent design, possibly they do not actually exist.......

Bob

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 03:11:12 PM »
The thing you have to understand about ISP's is the terms of service for almost all of them only assures your local connection quality and speeds.  Once it gets passed that first router, all bets are off.

Technically, they do not have to fix anything beyond your local connection.  That is why first tier support will always test your local connection and ignore anything else.

To get anywhere, you have to get passed the first line of support to people who actually look at the rest of the ISP network.  That takes perseverance.

However, there are times the support folks will get the network guys a clue and simply not tell you about it.  As long as they do not acknowledge a problem to you, then they have no responsibility to fix it.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline clerick

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2012, 05:20:38 PM »
the other thing they do is set up all the complaints as service calls for tracking. It often happened that once a trend was sptted they would cancel the trouble calls and deal with the underlying issue.