Author Topic: Allies on 2/23  (Read 449 times)

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
Allies on 2/23
« on: February 23, 2003, 09:46:50 PM »
You guys are pathetic.  That is all.

Offline Puke

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
      • http://members.cox.net/barking.pig/puke.htm
Allies on 2/23
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2003, 10:09:28 PM »
You know... I am once again coming back to the CT to try to support it.  (The last time I flew in it was many, MANY months ago when I had just taken off in a P-38 and saw a 205 diving out of the sky for me and basically watching him in my rear view.  I had no clue about the 205's abilities so was watching to see what would happen, and while watching backwards I happened to fly back over my base and he dove in and got hit by ack and I get called a "ack dweeb."  But I'm back trying it again.)  Urchin, it is tough when one side has the greater numbers, but I'm personally sick of always choosing the side with lesser numbers and flying some aircraft I really do not want to fly.  So for once, I'm not budging on changing sides.  I don't come into the CT to be berrated because I came to the aid of a wingman in need.  This has happened on numerous occasions where I see a 1v1 and my countrymate is in trouble and asks for help and I come in to clear his tail and take the kill.  But I get called a gang-banger.  But do you seriously think this hasn't happened in reverse?  I can count many more times I'm killed by some unseen enemy after advantaged in a 1v1.  Or, there are a group of enemy aircraft that sweep in and outnumber the opponents and clear them out of the sky, only to illicit a response and themselves get outnumbered and they try to run...then to cry out "gang bangers!"  Everyone has their day in the barrel and I've been on the side of low numbers, like we all have.  In fact, I have been trying to put myself into the barrel where I keep going back to a low alt fight to find myself once again at a disadvantage and basically end up giving out free kills.  I have been non-stop dodging LW with greater alt and number swooping in to eat my E down to nothing and kill me.  But I do these types of things because I figure it may one day teach me something about how to fight and improve my skills...but man, it can be frustrating and get old after a while.  All this whining though really had an affect on me.  I really wish people would just say Good Kill (or nothing at all) and just be quiet and launch again.  To always be berrated is sickening and really has me thinking for the first time ever that maybe I need to find a new hobby.  I cannot believe you people.

Online Shane

• Platinum Member
Allies on 2/23
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2003, 11:17:25 PM »
i dunno...

CT generally has unlimited side switching, and normally people try and keep things relatively in balance, but when it pushes 2+ to 1 odds over an extended time...

or if someone is busy in a 1 on 2 already and 3 more swoop down for a cherrypick...

i'm with urchin...  this is a game, not real life, there's no need for "whatver works because someone's life is counting on it."
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798
Truth doesn't need exaggeration.