Author Topic: For the anti anti-war group  (Read 186 times)

Offline Rockstar

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
For the anti anti-war group
« on: February 28, 2003, 01:39:50 PM »
Hollywood Halfwits.  I Think this site was established just a few days ago, discussion board coming soon.

http://www.hollywoodhalfwits.com/
« Last Edit: February 28, 2003, 01:48:41 PM by Rockstar »

Offline medicboy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2003, 01:47:30 PM »
Why do these people think we care what they think?   They are paid to entertain us, not to tell us there political views.    SO....

To the terrorist:  Please make Hollywood your next target.....

Offline miko2d

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2003, 01:56:49 PM »
medicboy: Why do these people think we care what they think?

Forget about much money america spends on ther work - movies and songs. That's entertainment, same as sports. Most of us realise that movies do not express the views of the actors and some of them are good actors - or at least good looking ones.

But how much money does america spend on their books? On books about them? On newspapers and magazines about them? On TV shows about them? I'd guess plenty.

Now compare it to how much does america spends on books by Nobel laureats and other scientists - economists, political scientists, historians, natural scientists, etc.

Opra is a billionaire. Do you think Thomas Sowell will ever break 10 million? 1 million?

Any more questions?

miko

Offline medicboy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2003, 02:46:21 PM »
Miko,   I agree.  But these people think that because they become popular on the screen that means we care what there ploitical views are.  Even more so they think their views are right and the rest of us are some kind of barbarians.   I don't like war, I am not excited about my friends and family going to war.  But I have talked to several of my friend that are over there now, one of those friends just graduated Ranger school a year ago.  He has no doubts about going and what he is going to do over there.  If you look at the real reason for the war, it's worth it.  No one in the military now joined thinking they were joining the peace corps, they new what the military is for and joined anyway.
Those jokers in hollywood just hear the word war and freak out, they have no clue what it is even about.  They probebly think it is about oil or something stupid like that.

Oh ya, and about some of them being goodlooking:  Most of them are way to skinny for me.  Maybe we should start a "feed the starving actors"  movement. ;)