Author Topic: "Valhalla" for limited life HA scenarios  (Read 176 times)

Offline Flathat

• Zinc Member
"Valhalla" for limited life HA scenarios
« on: August 05, 1999, 09:07:00 AM »
I don't have that much experience with scenarios/SLs/HA action in general. However, I have experienced and heard from others the phenomenon of people bailing out of the arena after they die in a one-life frame.

If there was a "Valhalla" room enabled where the honored dead   could go after they run out of lives and track the progress of the battle over radio and radar (no outcall available), I think more folks would stay for the next frame instead of leaving & trying to come back (thus delaying the start of the frame in some cases). I know I'd stay if I had a better way to follow the fight.

Flathat

PS-- This of course is based on the assumption that there will be separate historical action of some kind.

[This message has been edited by Flathat (edited 08-05-1999).]

-blk--

"Valhalla" for limited life HA scenarios
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 1999, 12:26:00 PM »
  Now THAT is a good idea!  Of course, perhaps valhalla could have a reduced rate as well (cause wouldn't nobody wait around payin $2 an hour<--if they died early that could add up).

Of course, they should not be able to communicate with living players (even though we always make the first to die man the radar).  Especially if they could move themselves aroundt he field and then record what they saw with the guncam, because we could end up seeing some real cool stuff...

-blk--  <JG5>