Author Topic: Moderator  (Read 1055 times)

Offline ET

• Copper Member
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2003, 07:53:36 PM »
The problem with some protestors is that when exercising their right to protest they trample on others rights to go along living peacefully. Actions such as throwing blood on people and blocking bridges and streets and setting fires are all against the law. When they get arrested they complain that the government is taking away their right to protest. Its a lose lose situation for the government no matter what party is in power.
The only protest that ever got my full attention was when the Vietnam Vets marched pass the White House and threw their medals over the fence. That made me do a lot of rethinking about how I felt about the Vietnam War.

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2003, 02:06:27 PM »
plunk

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2003, 02:51:50 PM »

Offline muckmaw

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2003, 02:56:26 PM »
Hangtime, Mr. Lars...

Thank you for serving your country and doing bravely what so many others would not.

Anytime your in NY, You've got a place to stay, and a buddy to buy you a round.

<<<>>>>

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2003, 03:19:50 PM »
Fear must be growing.
fear leads to hate.
hate leads to anger
Anger leads to the dark side.

Bit premature to dust of your favorite "last time we lost" story.
Those men over their have our support. They have the support of the Canadian and US public. But Bush and Ruhmsfeld cant hide behind that support. Nor can the people that posted such aggressive hogwash on this BBS now declare its against the rules to disagree with them.
No one was banned for saying nuke bagdad. No one has been baned for the most outrageos racist hatred on the Iraqis.
I will be on side pouncing on anyone that attacks US service men on the BBS. And I hope that people that pump hatred from both sides are banned. For ever.
But establishing this BBS as an arm of the Pro Invasion party..is just crazy.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2003, 03:31:06 PM by Pongo »

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2003, 05:04:30 PM »
Originally posted by Ripsnort
My problem with protesters TODAY is that they get bolder, and bolder...

http://agw.warbirdsiii.com/bbs/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17433&pagenumber=1

Simply disgusting IMO.(Read first post quote)

I'll give him this much... it's an excellent troll.

Shake it off, boys.
sand

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2003, 05:06:25 PM »
Yeah sand.  Excellent troll.  The kind of troll that could get a guy seriously hurt.  Deservedly so unfortunately.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2003, 05:09:59 PM »
Originally posted by Yeager
Yeah sand.  Excellent troll.  The kind of troll that could get a guy seriously hurt.  Deservedly so unfortunately.

Damn straight... let's beat the guy for saying something that makes us angry.

Not exactly what I would consider the moral high ground.
sand

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2003, 05:27:18 PM »
The only protest that ever got my full attention was when the Vietnam Vets marched pass the White House and threw their medals over the fence. That made me do a lot of rethinking about how I felt about the Vietnam War.

Think harder.

I don't trust Kerry. The guys that served with Kerry don't trust him.

I saw a LOT of people using the Vets as tools.. Kerry was one of them.

The war was not wrong.. what folks forget is that politicians attempting to run that war is what was wrong. We could have been out of vietnam inside of 2 years, mission accopmplished; if we had been allowed to fight a WAR.

Think on that. Think on what we are doing in Iraq.. if you can see your way clear to accept the principal of what we are doing in Iraq, then you CANNOT condem the Vietnam war as 'wrong'. But you sure as hell CAN condem Washington for the way they prosecuted it.
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2003, 05:45:10 PM »
Originally posted by Pongo
But establishing this BBS as an arm of the Pro Invasion party..is just crazy.

I'm not talking about people who simply don't like the USA, or don't agree with US government policies. I'm talking about people openly expressing support for terrorists and Iraqi armed forces killing US armed forces.

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2003, 06:02:11 PM »
Think on that. Think on what we are doing in Iraq.. if you can see your way clear to accept the principal of what we are doing in Iraq, then you CANNOT condem the Vietnam war as 'wrong'. But you sure as hell CAN condem Washington for the way they prosecuted it.

I dont know Hang. I think they are wrong in different ways.
But now is not the time.

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2003, 06:27:40 PM »
i dunno.. you're prolly right. I'm pretty sure you and i could discuss it without gettin hysterical. but, with tensions so high.. and with so many folks in europe that post here having a very odd view of vietnam and americas involvement, it's a sure thing this would get crazy.

lets save it for another day. it could be very intresting. ;)
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline GrimCO

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.GrimsReapers.com
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2003, 06:41:29 PM »
You'll have to forgive me fellas...

I was a police officer for 7 years, but was never in the military. I've suffered some abuses just because I wore a badge on my chest, and experienced hatred just because of a uniform I was wearing. For some reason, I was always able to deal with it pretty easily. I always just chalked it up to ignorance.

However, for some strange reason, I don't deal with others getting stepped on and abused quite so easily. It's one thing for a person to do it me, that I can handle. But when I see it happening to someone else, it infuriates me.

If I saw someone dump pig's blood or spit on a U.S. Soldier, I would pummel that person bloody, freedom of speech or expression be damned.

Maybe I need counseling for it, but I'll go seek it after the fact.