Author Topic: Padlock issues  (Read 127 times)

Tailslide

Padlock issues
« on: September 14, 2000, 10:04:00 AM »

After about the third time losing a fight with my view locked straight up at empty sky I finally gave up on the new padlock feature.. its just not usable  

It snaps to 45 degree views and if a plane crosses 2 views before the view switches to the first view the padlock shuts off. This is really noticeable when the enemy is in the 'corner' of a view, where it can really quickly cross two views in a short distance.

If a smooth panning padlock were added it would fix both of these problems.

TS

------------------

Offline miko2d

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Padlock issues
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2000, 05:11:00 PM »
 Reaquiring the bogey would require you to press the same button you would press to manually follow him. Then padlock starts working again and you can release that button...

miko

Tailslide

Padlock issues
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2000, 01:21:00 AM »

With the way it snaps 45 degrees quickly when planes are in the corner of intersecting views it's difficult to figure out exactly where the plane is when the padlock gets 'confused'.  If a plane is above and 2 oclock and the padlock tries to follow it up and to the right it will either go to the up view and lose the plane as it exits to the right-up view or go to the right-up view and lose the plane when it moves into the up view. You have to quickly guess which corner of which view the sim thinks the plane is in, which defeats the purpose of having a padlock.

I'm back to the hat views  

TS