Author Topic: I believe the 'proximity kill' for Alt-F4 is not active  (Read 146 times)

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
I believe the 'proximity kill' for Alt-F4 is not active
« on: October 11, 2001, 07:58:00 AM »
Shot up a buff last night, watched him tumble wingless to earth, he either disco'd or Alt-F4'd and I watched my buffer for a good 5 min. while I RTB'd, no kill.  Please check your code, HTC, to see if you forgot to add that into V 1.08

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2001, 08:26:00 AM »
Bump for Hitech.

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2001, 09:31:00 AM »
Had something similar yesterday evening, shot up a zitfire, could still see his black/white smoke trail going straight in the sea for a good 30 seconds after I let him have a taste at my 30mm.

No kill awarded.
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2001, 10:16:00 AM »
I have noticed some kills are a long time in being awarded.  Not sure if any are getting lost, but I guess I wouldnt be surprised seeing the delay I have noticed.

dago
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2001, 01:31:00 PM »
Rip

some guys get a lock up when they get shot down and hit the ground.

It happened to me 3 times so far that I would shoot a guy down and watch him fall to the deck and get nothing.

I only figured it out when 1 guy rebooted came bac in and said on channel 1 he locked up.

I would hope that is the case with most. I hate to think alt-f4 is becoming a common occurrance.

Offline gatt

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2001, 01:45:00 PM »
Yes Rip, Wotan is right, a lot of players are getting death-lock-up's. Me too.
"And one of the finest aircraft I ever flew was the Macchi C.205. Oh, beautiful. And here you had the perfect combination of italian styling and german engineering .... it really was a delight to fly ... and we did tests on it and were most impressed." - Captain Eric Brown

Offline Voss

• Silver Member
      • http://www.bombardieraerospace.com
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2001, 04:38:00 PM »
I am convinced they ARE related. I shot down two aircraft last night, before running out of fuel and returning to base. Neither aircraft showed in the buffer. After refueling I hunted down another guy and; "SYSTEM: Victory 3..."