Author Topic: Debris Kills  (Read 602 times)

Offline Gatr

• Copper Member
Debris Kills
« on: May 24, 2003, 09:21:59 PM »
Hi All,
I am getting a little better at this GAME... with lots of help from you all ...... thanks for that....
I NEED SOME HELP!!!!!
I am getting killed more and more from the chunks from the targets I kill... what can I do to help this... I snuggle up to a CON and let him have it then next thing I know I have a big hole in my radiator from his carcass. How can I work on this... I am sick and tired of dieing because of chunks from my kills.
HELP..................
Gatr

Offline DVDA

• Copper Member
Debris Kills
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2003, 12:35:55 AM »
I've never been killed from Debris but you may want to try coming in fast and turning at the last second right after you finished shooting....pull up and to the left or right, i wouldnt suggest going down

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Debris Kills
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2003, 03:13:17 AM »
Unfortunately it happens to me quite often as well.  Since my gunnery is my achilles heal in this game, I often hold my fire until the target is 400 yards or closer.  In a high speed pass this is cutting it a little too close for comfort, especially if I score a hit on the tail section causing the target plane to suddenly vear up and I'm usually going too fast to successfuly avoid the collision.  It's a pisser, especially if you blow up before the guy you just killed does.

Ack-Ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Siaf__csf

• Gold Member
Debris Kills
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2003, 03:55:19 AM »
Since when has the debris damage been added to the game?

I've played AH for over 2 years, scoring literally thousands of kills - and I've never been hit by debris. Collided to the intact parts of the enemy plane - yes.. But not debris.

Is this something new? I haven't played AH in a few months, minus the occasion when I went to H2H for a quick slaughter.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Debris Kills
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2003, 07:29:35 AM »
Originally posted by Siaf__csf
Since when has the debris damage been added to the game?

I've played AH for over 2 years, scoring literally thousands of kills - and I've never been hit by debris. Collided to the intact parts of the enemy plane - yes.. But not debris.

Is this something new? I haven't played AH in a few months, minus the occasion when I went to H2H for a quick slaughter.

Intact parts of the plane is what is meant.  For example just tonight I roped a La7 and blew both his wings off and his tail but clipped my wing tip on what was left of his fuselage and lost my starboard wing tip.  It's what I get for firing at 100 yards, I was hoping my 20mm burst to his canopy area would have blown him up, letting me safely fly though the resulting fireball but fate through me a curve ball like it likes to do.

Ack-Ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Gatr

• Copper Member
Debris Kills
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2003, 09:34:32 AM »
I guess the thing I am hearing here ACK is to sharpin my gunnery at a futher range... At like 300 min. distance.... I set my convergance at 400 mostly so I will try and stay back some...
Gatr

Offline devious

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.jg301-wildesau.de
Debris Kills
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2003, 02:26:15 PM »
As a regular 109 pilot I'm used to holding my fire till within 100 yds of the target. If you've dealt your blow and are overshooting, or he's already going down, roll out of plane and pull up !

If you're too close already, your only chance is to dodge the big pieces - the small ones won't harm you.

Hammerhead

Debris Kills
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2003, 09:42:18 AM »
Debris do seem to be modelled.
I must admit not often but a couple of time I have shot someones wing clean off and seen it fly right into and damage my P38s wing.

Offline WldThing

• Gold Member
Debris Kills
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2003, 11:01:14 AM »
Try putting more lead in the enemy, in hopes he will blow up..

Offline Soda

• Silver Member
      • http://members.shaw.ca/soda_p/models.htm
Debris Kills
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2003, 01:18:18 PM »
I don't think I've ever been damaged by a disconnected piece of aircraft hitting me.  I've had collision damage by hitting an enemy, or part there-of, but never anything that had clearly broken off.  I think the fuselage is the exception though, if it's still there (ie, not blown up), then you can always collide with it.  If something is still attached to the fuselage, then you can collide with it, if not, then it's just a piece of harmless junk.

When colliding I find that I'm either getting blind-sided by someone (which is un-avoidable) or I'm not properly controlling my closure rate and end up trying to force a shot when I should be breaking off to set up another pass.  Sometimes the closure rate issue also has to do with controlling my plane at too high a speed, where the controls are difficult to begin with.

-Soda
Aces High Trainer Corps.
The Assassins.

Offline sax

• Gold Member
      • http://www.13thtas.com
Debris Kills
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2003, 07:27:52 PM »
After the kill , nose down and go underneath the wreck.

Even if you only miss by a tad this will prevent damage to your plane.

Offline Gatr

• Copper Member
Debris Kills
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2003, 07:38:01 PM »
Hummmmmmmmmmmm I go up?
Maybe that's the problem????
Ty Gatr

Offline HeLLcAt

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/xiZm04
Debris Kills
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2003, 09:13:50 AM »
Try to hit the guys within 400 yards, but work on knocking off a wing. His plane will start to go down no matter what. If you are gaining pretty quickly throttle back and pull up on the stick and you should avoid them. Maybe a flap if you would like.

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
Debris Kills
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2003, 09:22:20 AM »
I've been flying the Yak9U and 109G10 (with the 30mm nose cannon) more than any other plane lately, and both fighters require you to get in close in order to hit your target.  For one thing, I try to slow down as I overtake my target. This gives a bigger firing window and also gives you enough time to react to the chunks falling off the plane.  You want to be faster than your target, but not so fast that you're out of control and can't react to obstacles in your way.  I know how many rounds I need to hit the target to knock it down, so I go in, fire as many shells as I think I need, then look to disengage.  I'm usually already rolling out as the enemy plane is falling apart.