Author Topic: Another Torpedo Run  (Read 649 times)

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
Another Torpedo Run
« on: July 01, 2003, 03:31:19 PM »
This time with Re-skinned Ju-88s during the Most recent CAP event!

You: Blah Blah Blah
Me: Meh, whatever.

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
Another Torpedo Run
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2003, 08:15:04 PM »
I would love to be above that lot in a chog....
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline frank3

• Plutonium Member
Another Torpedo Run
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2003, 05:00:08 AM »
nice, did you hit anything?

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
Another Torpedo Run
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2003, 06:58:33 AM »
We were attacking a fleet of 12 DDs, and we got 5 of them, I managed to get credit for one.

We also had all of our pilots survive, and some of us had all of our drones. I have some screenshots of the actual drop, but they don't look very good. Maybe I'll try some more this evening.

-Sik

Offline frank3

• Plutonium Member
Another Torpedo Run
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2003, 09:02:18 AM »
nice, real prestation to get all your pilots out alive! must be very experienced in torpedoing

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
Another Torpedo Run
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2003, 09:20:16 AM »
It was pretty intense, because we had flown to the East of our target, and passed rigt by without sighting it.  So we had to fall out of attack formation, turn 120 degrees, and re-form to make the attack. This is mostly Pilots from the 9 Giap squadron. A very tight unit.

It was the best torpedo run I've been in (and most successfull too lol)

-Sik

Offline frank3

• Plutonium Member
Another Torpedo Run
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2003, 11:48:05 AM »
I've been doing some coop missions in the h2h rooms, mostly with dive bombing and torpedoing  with enemy cv as target.
on one mission 4 of the 8 pilots survived (me too :cool: ) it was the most succesfull coop mission I ever had tho...

Offline hazed-

• Gold Member
      • http://combatarena.users.btopenworld.com
Another Torpedo Run
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2003, 07:01:24 PM »
the problem isnt that torpedo bombing is dangerous its more that most people who havent torpedoed before never seem to turn away from the fleet.They just plough right into the ack zone and invariably die.

If you time your torpedo drop right you dont have to risk much ack hits at all if any. When you start to see yellow tracers from the fleet it means you are within firing range of the torpedo.
Basically you aim well ahead of the fleet get your speed right and alt then just as you see the acks drop your torpedoes and reverse away from acks.
if everyone in the big missions i ran did this i think you could actually all survive.

I ran a series of torpedo missions on the pizza map last tour with around 8 or 9 in each attack. Out of 5 torpedo missions we sank about 3 or 4 major ships and a few destroyers to boot.In one attack with TBMs we dropped and sank the carrier , the cruiser and a destroyer in one torpedo attack and only lost 3 or 4 to ack out of the 8 or so who joined it.