Author Topic: Need help with sound  (Read 714 times)

Offline ~Pyroman~

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.nightmares.org
Need help with sound
« on: June 27, 2003, 08:47:49 AM »
Ok guys I'm not only having this problem in AH, but I also have it in RVS (Raven Shield) another game I play occasionally.

When I'm playing AH after playing for awhile I get this loud screeching sound. I have to leave the game and come back for it to stop. Then it stops for a short time and does it again. It's like it repeats like a loop too.

Now in RVS when I play that I'll go through certain area's and whatever the ambiant sound is, it intensified 110% and just turns into a squeal. I mean it's deafening. If I leave the area of the ambient sound it goes away.

Anyone know what the problem could be? I thought it was my sound card but I replaced it and still have the problem.

I have a :

1.4 Gig AMD 1600
512DDR ram
Asus A7V266 w/via chipset
Geforce 2 Pro 64mb
Sound Blaster 512PCI

What would cause this? How can I fix it?

Offline icemaw

• Gold Member
Need help with sound
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2003, 12:46:18 PM »
I get that too on ocasion. I will get a loud screeching sound. Like finger nails on a chalk board. Then It stops with no other problems. However the last 4 times it has done it. Has been when someone was using vox. Its like the vox sticks the name stays up and the game sounds are lowered as if someone is still talking. Relog fixes it every time.
Army of Das Muppets     
Member DFC Furballers INC. If you cant piss with big dogs go run with the pack

Offline buzkill

• Nickel Member
Need help with sound
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2003, 10:49:45 AM »
feedback through mic?

Offline Sarge

• Copper Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/soundpge/index.html
Need help with sound
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2003, 08:29:22 AM »
I get that when Bombs drop around me like there are too many bomb whistles and i get a high pitch screech and it clips till bombs are gone, like a lanc drooping 42 bombs at once

Offline buzkill

• Nickel Member
Need help with sound
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2003, 09:47:18 AM »
the clipping i get......weak sound card; mine only uses 4mb for every 5 sec. of sound. that many bombs will always give me furrballs(till i get new card)
o ya pyroman.....grayling? almost walking distance from here
« Last Edit: July 06, 2003, 09:49:57 AM by buzkill »