Author Topic: newbie here  (Read 214 times)

Offline sabredawg

• Zinc Member
newbie here
« on: November 26, 2001, 03:35:00 PM »
hello just a few quick questions,first,i need to know how to shut down game in onlinemode.sec,i would like to know if there is a view without the cockpit in it.third,how do you use the rw.i used to fly aw3 but theres alot of buttons here any help would be appreciated thanks and the game is awesome ..hopefully i can figure it out .oh yea is there a realism mode these things are touchy..thx again see ya up there.  :eek:
  • null

Offline Animal

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
newbie here
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2001, 03:50:00 PM »
1.) Alt-F4
2.) Press Enter 3 Times for no-cockpit mode.
3.) www.resounding.com
4.) Some say the N1K2 or Spitfire are low realism mode. We call them dorks and whiners.

Offline Manxer

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.4wing.obviousonline.com
newbie here
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2001, 04:00:00 PM »
And now for the "slightly" more useful answers.

1/Go to the tower and click "Quit"
2/No there isn't
3/Ensure that you have RW installed, and then enter AH's setup and enable it.
4/There are deadband settings that can assist a new players take away some of the touchy movements. Fool around with them until you find what you like. I believe they're under joystick settings in setup.

Offline skernsk

• Platinum Member
newbie here
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2001, 04:00:00 PM »
LOL!  Animal is on fire today :)

I've never played AW but I think it was possible to change views so that wings, cockpit etc "dissapeared".  In AH you can't do that.

RW...get it at resounding.com and go through the set-up.  Use .wav recording and you can pick your mic key.  Recommend you use push to talk rather than open mic or everyone on RW with you will hear the wife nagging at ya...

As for realism mode....online there is only one mode.  It takes a while to learn to listen to the stall horn and get the basics, but after that you will be fine.

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
newbie here
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2001, 04:01:00 PM »
Sabredawg, don't pay Animal any mind.  I'd call him the Aces High village idiot, but that would insult village idiots everywhere.

Still, I do admire his girlish good looks.

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
newbie here
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2001, 04:01:00 PM »
Originally posted by sabredawg:
hello just a few quick questions

LOL!  Welcome to AH sabredawg...   :)

,first,i need to know how to shut down game in onlinemode.

Bring up the clipboard (Esc key) and click on Quit... keep clicking Quit on subsequent clipboard displays until the game closes down and you see your desktop. <g>

sec,i would like to know if there is a view without the cockpit in it.

Ummm... no... unless you count the 'outside' view (F3/4/5) - doesn't sound very lifelike to not have a view of the cockpit!   :)

third,how do you use the rw.

Well I am no expert with RW, but I think it is just a case of tuning radio 5 to a RW channel - sorry, not sure of the numbers - maybe someone else can help with that.

.oh yea is there a realism mode these things are touchy..thx again see ya up there.   :eek:
  • null
No, sorry AH is FR - but there are various aids to make flying 'less complicated' - like Combat Trim... keep that on all the time, as I do, otherwise you will have to fiddle with trim all the time and make flying more of a chore.  Also there is an 'auto-takeoff' option which may help you at least get into the air initially - watch the settings as they change until you feel confident about trying them yourself and possibly turn the feature off.

There are also excellent training facilities available if you go to the Training Arena.

Look forward to seeing you in the MA - good luck, and hope you decide to stay.  There's always the boats and vehicles to try if you don't feel confident flying just yet...   :)
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline TUCKO6

• Zinc Member
      • http://members.tripod.com/~tuck_06/index-10.html
newbie here
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2001, 04:04:00 PM »
ROFLMAO @ animal!      :D    :rolleyes:      :D

although, i have to take exception to the comment about the spit drivers.     :p

if you want a more reasonable answer to your question, which will probably help you out more, look at manxer's post.  (he's such a nice guy.)

The Tuckster

"The first time I ever saw a jet, I shot it down."
Col. Chuck Yeager, USAAF

[ 11-26-2001: Message edited by: TUCKO6 ]

Offline sabredawg

• Zinc Member
newbie here
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2001, 04:23:00 PM »
i keep hitting enter and nothing.to animal very good and thank you for the quick response.............  :Dbut to the rest of yas manxer,skernsk,deadman,flossy,tuck06,thanks really .i just started last night and stumbled on this i have rw already just didnt know how to enable it .but cool thxs again see yas up .

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
newbie here
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2001, 09:07:00 AM »
Actually there is a "no cockpit" mode. Just install Windows XP and alt-tab out and back in. Results may vary.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
newbie here
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2001, 09:11:00 AM »
I have so many "annoyances" with RW (not real big PROBLEMS, just PITA stuff) that I would d/l the AH Voice program and use that before I'd put RW on the HD.

Right now, RW is built into the game but I'll wager next update out it goes for AH Voice. At least I hope so.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
newbie here
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2001, 09:14:00 AM »
LOL Animal on Number 2 , oh Gawd that got me laughing!