Author Topic: Goons...  (Read 501 times)

Offline Patches

• Zinc Member
Goons...
« on: July 30, 2003, 09:25:30 PM »
How do I know what needs to be dropped and where?

Example...resupply country HQ....how much and what supplies does it need?

VH...?

Airfield...?

Capture...?

Other strats...?

How do I know?

Flying is easy....hehehe...the strat stuff has me perplexed.

I'm probably making this way to difficult.

Thanks for any input.  

Offline Darkfire

• Zinc Member
Goons...
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2003, 09:27:33 PM »
Well i guess you could either keep dropping till either:

A) you stop getting perk points or

B) it comes back up :)

Oops and for all fields it Field Supplies no matter what
(VH doesn't need Vsupplies it needs field supplies)

And to Capture you need Troops, and you need to be about 1k above ground level and drop over the town or map room
« Last Edit: July 30, 2003, 09:29:49 PM by Darkfire »

Offline Inferno

• Copper Member
Goons...
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2003, 09:39:28 PM »
Troops are for capturing fields, field supplies are for repairing airfields/factories/HQs, and vehicle supplies are for repairing vehicles.

Offline Patches

• Zinc Member
Goons...
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2003, 09:40:07 PM »
Perhaps I should rephrase my question(S).

How does one interpret the percentages shown in the clipboard to the overall efforts taking place country-wide. How do I know where and when a goon is needed and just what i should be carrying?

I know troops for capture.

What are and how are vehicle supplies used?

Are airfield supplies the only ones used to re-supply HQ?

I must be very dense.

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
Goons...
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2003, 10:06:42 PM »
When in doubt, read the help files.

Supply Drop

Offline jamusta

• Silver Member
Goons...
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2003, 10:13:41 PM »
The only time I know a base needs resupply is when I try to up from it. If I see its porked and I am in the mood I will resupply it.

Field supplies for HQ
Vehicle supplies are for you smoking buddies in Gvs with no ammo. Just drop them and they will do the rest.
People will call for troops when they need them.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2003, 10:15:56 PM by jamusta »

Offline Cobra412

• Silver Member
Goons...
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2003, 03:17:04 AM »
Patches I'm just getting into the whole resupplying of bases and bringing in troops.  Now normally I'll just listen up and folks will say or ask if any troops are inbound to a destination.  Typically I'll just find the nearest base and up from there with troops if they are taking a field.

As far as resupplying though click on the Map page and cycle through the bases that belong to your side.  There you'll see a percentage to the right.  From that you'll have a good idea what bases need what.  Then just up with the supplies and plan a good route to your target so as to not get intercepted easily.  Running solo to help resupply bases ect... can be a frustrating task especially if you keep getting intercepted.

It's a hard thing to judge your route too.  You wanna avoid enemy bases with out a doubt.  But sometimes trying to find a path can be frustrating.  The main questions are do I head towards an area inwhich fighters can help protect and pray you make it.  Or do I avoid all contacts and try to slip through unnoticed.  I prefer the unnoticed part myself.  Cause it's to often a fighter will slip out of the combat scene to reengage and end up slipping behind you and getting an easy kill.

Offline Patches

• Zinc Member
Goons...
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2003, 09:45:41 AM »
Thanks for the replies, Folks. You all have pretty much confirmed that I was making this way too difficult. I was "reading in" to the manual (which I have read cover to cover several times).

Hehehe...it's hell to be getting old.  :)

Offline Soda

• Silver Member
      • http://members.shaw.ca/soda_p/models.htm
Goons...
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2003, 10:40:41 AM »
Just a note, I often will visit the tower at an airfield before resupplying that field.  This helps me judge a couple of things, 1) safety to come into the field.  Less safe fields tend to make driving a M3 a better idea than flying a C47 in.  2) I try and look to see if I can locate the spawn points from other fields where I may be able to spawn a M3 from to this field.  That sometimes can show you that spawning from a certain field in might be a very easy trip in a vehicle (downhill) while another spawn point might be uphill the whole way.  The difference in time to resupply could be more than double for an uphill drive.

-Soda
Aces High Trainer Corps.
The Assassins.

Offline MOSQ

• Silver Member
Goons...
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2003, 10:33:54 PM »
Vehicle Supplies: Two extra tips:
1) You can't just drive by a damaged Panzer and kick the supplies out of your M-3 w/o stopping, they will be destroyed. You must stop and kick them out. Also only one of the eight crates is needed for a GV to resupply it.

2) From eihter a goon or M-3, vehicle supplies must be fairly close, I think 800 or less. And remember, they will work for the ENEMY vehicles too ! So the best strtegy is to drop them near the front of the GV battle, but still behind your country's general front lines. You want to resupply only your country's GV's, not the enemy's.