Author Topic: cockpit art stutter  (Read 238 times)

Offline LtMagee

• Copper Member
cockpit art stutter
« on: August 15, 2003, 11:00:35 PM »
I just purchased a new computer and everything runs great so far but the stutter. It appears to be joystick/throttle command interferance related. When ever I move the stick, rudder peds or throttle, The cockpit vibrates/stutters. The faster I get the worse it gets. Also when I bring uo the clipboard, it stutters as it is commimg up.

video card is a ATI 9800

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
cockpit art stutter
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2003, 08:06:23 AM »
What resolution, and other special things do you have enabled in the 9800 control panel?

Also, make sure the video card is not sharing an interrupt with the USB ports (it shouldn't be).

What AGP aperature size are you running?

Which ATI drivers are you using?
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline LtMagee

• Copper Member
cockpit art stutter
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2003, 12:10:27 PM »
in the 9800 control panel?...I am not sure, however, in computer control panel, I am using Plug and Play Monitor on 128 DDR ATI Radeon 9800.

I do not know how to check to see if video card is sharing anything.

Where do I find AGP aperature size?

Hoow do I find what ATI drivers I am using?

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
cockpit art stutter
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2003, 01:40:27 PM »
If you right click on th desktop and go to "Properties" and then select "Settings" and then press the "Advanced" button, you will be taken to the ATI control panel , which allows a lot of different configurations (anti-aliasing (AA), anistrophic filtering (AF) and so on).
There is a slider which allows you to set Performance versus Quality which sets a lot of things for you.  For AH, I would suggest setting the video resolution to either 1280x1024 or 1600x1200 and run with 4XAA or 2XAA, respectively.
Always use 32 bit color with this card.
You will also find the ATI driver version in this panel as well.

The AGP aperature size is located in the system BIOS.  It should be set to either 64MB, or 128MB.  Make sure Fast-Writes are off in the system BIOS as well.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline 2Hawks

• Nickel Member
      • http://daniel.clanbaker.com
Also check...
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2003, 03:04:45 PM »
Also Check your screens refresh rate in the advanced section of the display settings.

Your refresh rate of your monitor will affect your FPS or in this case the stutter you are seeing. Try and see how high it will go for you at the resolution you play at.

If none of that works, try going to 16 bit color.

Good Luck.