Author Topic: Anton  (Read 824 times)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Anton
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2003, 06:32:45 PM »
The stall limiter will prevent anyone from going into an accelerated stall, it's what it's for and why it's only a training tool.

It's easy to spot who is stirring their stick and who isn't.  Of all the instances of the pilot stick stirring the spin they get into their plane is still traveling foward in the horizontal plane.  

It is also quite common for those that accuse others of stick stirring to be mistaken when all the other guy did was a snap roll.  Two different things but to the ignorant it it looks like one of the same.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline MetaTron

• Silver Member
Anton
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2003, 11:29:25 PM »
I saw this for the very first time Friday. I locked a P51B up and saw him do three rolls in the time it takes a 51B to do 1/4 roll. I have seen guys flop around from overcontrol before, so this was a shock. It didnt save him though.

Offline Cobra412

• Silver Member
Anton
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2003, 03:42:41 AM »
Thanks for the explanation on that AckAck.  I know what a snap roll looks like..What I have seen is something of a tumbling affect.  Either way I die with pride and up again to learn my mistakes again.  lol

Offline Betown

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.ecomm-net.co.uk
Anton
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2003, 10:46:47 AM »
I have know Daddog for a long time... I can quite catagoricaly say that he is a total looser...
BTW, Im back James :)

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
Anton
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2003, 12:05:50 PM »
Stick stirring in the "classic" sense is impossible in AH because of the joystick movement limitation. If your doing slow flops and throw in a bad connect it would "look" like it to the one trying to kill ya. Bad connects for me are always huge jumps not little ones tho.. Never seen it.

WB solved it by making all their planes fly like a bowl of mush. AH threw in the joystick code. Jeez which one those solutions was the better idea ??

Two things that get complained about here make no sense to me. One is stick stirring because in a year and a half I've never seen it. Seen a quite a few great slow barrel roll-change the direction in the middle chop the throttle evasives. Some guys are really good at it.

The other is collision code complaints.

If you had ever spent ANY time in WB your view on both of these complaints would be quite different.
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Anton
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2003, 12:25:29 PM »
The "stick stirrin" that I have encountered it typically done by 109s or 190s after you have settled nicely on their 6.

They dive like a rock and when they get up to speed, they use the incredible roll rate to flick both left and right as fast as AH will let them, and they also mix in the porpoise move to spoil a guns solution. Once they have separation, these extraordinary moves stop.

Its not that the plane could not perform these moves, its more that the pilot could never survive these gut wrenching moves with the same endurance that AH allows ... thats what makes it gamey.

From what I have experienced, it has nothing to do with lag and modem tweaking.

It use to piss me off, but I don't give a crap anymore. Too many other targets around.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline SunKing

• Gold Member
Anton
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2003, 12:58:57 PM »
I've always took the 190/109 stick steering as lag, nothing more. hard to think someone would really blow all their energy creating that drag instead of diving and running. Can't really think of a time I would accuse someone of it.

Offline F4i

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.ghost-squadron.org/main/frame.html
Anton
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2003, 02:21:29 PM »
Originally posted by daddog
I hear you Zanth. Odd thing was he stuck with me and shot me down. Clean fair kill. Good flying on his part after I dropped my eggs, split s, barrel rolled three times, sissors.. he stayed with me. Started losing parts then he finished me. I as about to salute him when he called me a stick sturing loser on 1. :rolleyes:

Some are just not happy unless they make others unhappy also.

If it's the same "Anton" from the Air Warrior days, don't take much offense in his insults.  He has always had a big mouth.  

TBolt

Offline JAWS2003

• Nickel Member
Anton
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2003, 04:16:38 PM »
So what should the guy in your gun sight do just sit there so you don't have to spend to much ammo ? I have read somewhere a suggestion by a p-47 pilot: "when you have a Hun on your 6 don't ever keep the ball centered, do anything possible to stay out of his gun sight". I fly Fw-190 a lot and i like it specially because it is hard to hit. If I get caught down low with a La-7 on my close 6  I usually use a lot of neg G and ruder to try to stay alive.This makes the plane fly odd and unpredictable. Is not always working, but what the heck do i have to lose? I'm already dead meat. :lol

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Anton
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2003, 06:39:49 PM »
No one is saying that at all JAWS2003.  The jist of this thread is pretty much to point out that stick stirring, like turning your engine on and off in-flight to aid in turning, is gaming the game.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline anton

• Nickel Member
      • http://n/a
<S> daddog
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2003, 02:01:39 AM »
Sure looked like stirring to me, I had been workin on my hit ratios & you were not complying at all. I was a bit miffed at how much ammo I used, made me feel like I was a spit or la7 pilot back there :eek: :rofl .
 I can see how good piloting can appear to be stick stiring from however many thousands of miles apart we are. Great evasives, never seen a plane fly like that before. Kudos for taking the high road in yer post, most commendable.
 It's back to ignoring the BBS for me, DrDeath told me about the thread, read through, responded.  IM outta here----
POOF

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
Anton
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2003, 08:12:09 AM »
I was accused of stick-stirring once by Steve, but what it turned out to be was my P-51D missing a flap and going into a high-speed stall because I had exceeded the AoA while trying to go into a hard turn.

Was fun to listen to him, though. :p