Author Topic: Buccaneers go on a rampage in Rookland  (Read 254 times)

Rojo

Buccaneers go on a rampage in Rookland
« on: August 10, 2000, 10:20:00 AM »
London Times, AP, dateline 9 Aug 1943

What can a dedicated and diciplined squadron do by way of punishing our sworn foes? Plenty.  Nine pilots from the highly decorated Buccaneers went on a rampage through the front and rear areas of Rookland last night, from about 8:00 PM MST until around 11:00 PM.  

After pounding and then capturing several strategically placed Rook bases -- with the able assistance of several non-Bucc volunteers -- our intrepid warriors drove a dagger straight into the industrial heart of the enemy. In a daring daylight raid, the Buccaneers braved intense anti-aircraft fire to completly destroy the primary Rook radar and control installation.  With the unstoppable momentum of Juggernaut, they then proceeded to smash the main enemy POL production facility, as well as a nearby armaments factory complex.

Eyewitness accounts and gun-camera footage confirms the total devastation wraught on the enemy.  Towering clouds of smoke and debris cloaked the enemy homelands in the shroud of bitter defeat.  On to final victory!

------------------
Sabre, a.k.a. Rojo
(S-2, The Buccaneers)

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2000, 10:52:00 AM »
Hello.  I think I met you guys last night.  

Shot down Delta's P-47 in my N1K2, and was nailed by 4 mor P-47s.  Don't quite recall the name of the pilot who got me.

S! Bucaneers.  

Sisu
-Karnak
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2000, 11:32:00 AM »
Aww, shaduup!    

Seriously, had a ball too, even recaptured a field from the mongrel knight hordes.    

PS, quit takin' our fields!    

------------------

<===<The ASSASSINS>===>
         assassins@aceshighcs.com          

[This message has been edited by hblair (edited 08-10-2000).]

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2000, 12:09:00 PM »
when I logged on it was:

Knits-56
Rooks-21
Bish-25

Numbers, numb them them numbers!

Offline Weave

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2000, 01:27:00 PM »
There wa a few more than nine of ya Nits giving to the Rooks last night. Couldn't go anywhere without at least that many on my six at any given time.

...Weav

Offline bloom25

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2000, 12:55:00 AM »
It's funny how things change so rapidly in this game.  Back in beta the Rooks almost always outnumbered both the Knights and the Bishops.  (The Knights were almost a ghost country.   )

------------------
bloom25
THUNDERBIRDS

funked

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2000, 01:33:00 AM »
Heheh I didn't notice you guys.  308 was too busy taking A26 and taking out the Bish HQ.