Author Topic: hitech and pyro-sound effects?  (Read 375 times)

Offline acepilot2

• Silver Member
hitech and pyro-sound effects?
« on: September 17, 2003, 01:59:40 PM »
I would like to say first that I cannot wait for ah2...that wargamer article wanted got me even more excited.

I have no doubt there will be overhauls in the fm, grahpics, and gameplay, but what about sound effects?  Will the current ones remain, or will newer, fresh sound effects come for ah2?

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2003, 02:14:12 PM »
Do you have Mitsu's sound pack??

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2003, 02:21:45 PM »
I believe that HiTech has been talking to animal about sounds and soundpacks. animal has also developed the "AH Sound Manager" tool ... pretty slick piece of work. I believe that it is still a "work in progress".
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Octavius

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2003, 03:15:46 PM »
I'm not sure if you're referring to the default sounds included in the package... mitsu's sound pack rocks.  Although I have mine slightly customized.

What I would like to see is more TYPES of sounds.  Perhaps a "damaged engine" sound whereas oil leakage or a radiator failure causes the engine to overheat and wear.  IL2 does a great job of this with a rough-running engine sound to a gradual seizure of movable parts.  

A broader variety of customizable sound types would be great.  More hit/damage sounds for different parts of the plane.  More types of engine sounds.  Maybe ambient sounds for in and around the bases/cities?  I'd love to rove around in a GV, kill the engine, and here crickets or cicada's in late august... or strong winds in a wintry climate.  Pilot wounded sounds (pain?)

Either way, more variety of sound types would be greatly appreciated.  There are tons of categories where new sounds can be applied.  Just an idea. :cool:
« Last Edit: September 17, 2003, 03:18:06 PM by Octavius »
octavius
Fat Drunk BasTards (forum)

"bastard coated bastards with bastard filling?  delicious!"
Guest of the ++Blue Knights++[/size]

Offline AKWeav

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2003, 03:29:54 PM »
One of the few good things about MS CFS is the way the sounds are configured. Instead of one engwav file, there are several to cover the rpm range sound, both from the cockpit, and outside the airplane.

While this method would make customization of sounds more labor intensive, the overall effect is better.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2003, 10:15:30 PM »
Originally posted by SlapShot
I believe that HiTech has been talking to animal about sounds and soundpacks. animal has also developed the "AH Sound Manager" tool ... pretty slick piece of work. I believe that it is still a "work in progress".

I hope so.  Animal has done some really nice work on sounds for AH, especially with his Sound Manager tool that really makes it easy to switch around custom sound packs.  On another note, while I like Mitsu's work, Robo's WB 2.77 sound pack is far better at least the P-38 sounds are a lot better.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline BenDover

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2003, 02:13:32 AM »
Originally posted by SlapShot

Thought that said animal sounds at first, lol.