Author Topic: Voice setup XP home  (Read 274 times)

Offline RTR

• Gold Member
Voice setup XP home
« on: September 22, 2003, 10:20:56 AM »
HI folks, Just picked up a laptop. Having trouble getting AH voice to work.
I went through the help files...no joy.
Being that I am brand spanking new to XP home,  I am sure that I missed something.
My sytem:
Intel P4  2.2 ghz
512 MB DDR ram
Realtek AC97 Audio
32MB SIS 650 Internal
DX 9.0
Windows XP Home

Basically I get no voice at all. I can hear fine, and transmit keys work fine (can see highlite when I transmit), just nothing makes it through.
The laptop has a built in MIC, however I have a headset plugged in. The built in MIC is no joy as well.
 I am pretty illiterate with computers, so know I am probably not able to ask the right questions.

Any ideas?

other than that it works great. getting FR in the high 50's :)

cheers, and TY in advance :)
RTR
The Damned

Offline Drifter1234

• Copper Member
Voice setup XP home
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2003, 01:28:37 PM »
RTR,

I have Xp Home and get this problem about 1/3 of the time when I fly.  I have been able to get it fixed by alt tabbing out of AH going to control panel, sounds, voice and hitting the test hardware button.  It loads and and I run the tests with the microphone.  It always works.  I close this down go back to Aces High it works fine.  Bug in my system I guess.

Something to try.

Drftr

Offline koda76

• Copper Member
      • http://home.earthlink.net/~dwdishman/
Voice setup XP home
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2003, 02:52:44 PM »
I had the same problem with my new dell with XP...I had to go and enable speech before my mic would work.

Offline airbumba

• Silver Member
Voice setup XP home
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2003, 04:05:28 PM »
I know this might be no help but, do you know the return to windows sound trick?

Hazed showed me this a year ago, I had same problem, it was a standard bug, this is what i did,(and still have to do nightly).

Go to sound and audio devices properties, (or just right click speaker in tray then chose adjust audio ) then click on audio tab.

Then chose sound recording volume, in next window chose advanced, the last window will be advanced controls for microphone , make sure the 20db box is selected, if it is, uncheck it then reselect it, and your done, exit all them stupid boxes and go shoot someone down.....

Not me tho.

Good luck

Bumba
I used to be a fatalist,
but that part of me died.

Offline RTR

• Gold Member
Voice setup XP home
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2003, 07:44:19 PM »
Thanks folks, I will give your recommendations a try.
Sorry I didn't acknowledge your efforts earlier. Work sucks.
Thanks again folks, I'll let ya know what happens :)
Cheers,
RTR
The Damned