Author Topic: RULES OF ENGAGEMENT  (Read 145 times)

chester

RULES OF ENGAGEMENT
« on: September 23, 1999, 10:54:00 AM »
It seems as if ISH's post has caused some stir.From the many posts i belive we all want something a little different than the fare now being offered in other sims.Where ISH and i part is in how to go about this.I proprose we arrive,by concensus<sp>,on a set of rules of engagement.first lets try to identify that which we belive could enhance our game experance.Then lets see if we can formulate guidelines to affect the the outcome.   ....I for one thing HATE the massive low level furballs that go on in multi-play. how about if we agree not to pile on? dont dive into the first fight you come upon.remember the are more emny comming.let those engaged in a fight alone.find you own targets............yes i know not every one will follow the guidelines.peer pressure is powerfull.lets use it to our advanage.what dont you like about the way things come off?? lets do something about it.this is a great opertunity,the beta test,but we can test more that code.come on guys.this is your world.How do you want the community formed?

Vermin

RULES OF ENGAGEMENT
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 1999, 11:29:00 AM »
You're kidding right?

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
RULES OF ENGAGEMENT
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 1999, 11:42:00 AM »
this is your world.  How do you want the community formed?
====
Dont care.  All I want to do is get a good solution and gun your brains out.

Yeager
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Ruger Redhawk

RULES OF ENGAGEMENT
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 1999, 11:50:00 AM »
I want Yeager on my side  

Sixr

RULES OF ENGAGEMENT
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 1999, 01:44:00 PM »
Hehe

Human nature isn't going to change with a new server location.

Not jumping into the 5 on 1 furball comes with experience, but it's still usually a race to the gun solution.

SpinDry

RULES OF ENGAGEMENT
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 1999, 01:54:00 PM »
I prefer to think of it as having a rich and varied menu from which to select one's next snack.

Offline Rebel

• Nickel Member
RULES OF ENGAGEMENT
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 1999, 03:19:00 PM »
Pray they don't have rear view mirrors.  
Else you'll have nightmares of a blue nosed 'stang gunnin you down.

------------------
-Rebel 487th Lil' Bastards
"You love a lot of things if you live around them, but there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, nor any before nor any after, that is as lovely as a great airplane, and men who love them are faithful to them even though they leave them for others. Man has one virginity to lose in fighters, and if it is a lovely airplane he loses it to, there is where his heart will forever be."
--Ernest Hemingway
"You rebel scum"

funked

RULES OF ENGAGEMENT
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 1999, 05:43:00 PM »
Hey if guys want to circle and target-fixate that's fine with me.  More easy kills.  As always the guys at the top of the food chain will be ... at the top.

The only thing I don't like is the endless respawn at airfields.  This allows and even encourages guys to die over and over 'defending' a target.  

The best way to limit this behavior is a limit on how quickly one can respawn at a given airfield.  Once every 15 minutes seems fair.  One can always go to another field.  Unless, of course, one manages to die at every field within a 15 minute period.  If that's the case I'm not sure one DESERVES to respawn anyways!

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
RULES OF ENGAGEMENT
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 1999, 08:16:00 PM »
Ruger wants yeager on his side...

I'd like to continue to see Yeager in under my pipper  

------------------
eagl <squealing Pigs> BYA
Oink Oink To War!!!
Everyone I know, goes away, in the end.

Offline Downtown

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.tir.com/~lkbrown1
RULES OF ENGAGEMENT
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 1999, 08:21:00 PM »
I just want alt, and bigger guns, and you all to be in front of me.

Anyone who is behind me with alt, and bigger guns, I want on my side.

------------------
"I could feel the 20MM Cannon impacting behind me so I made myself small behind the pilot armor" Charlie Bond AVG