Author Topic: How do you land a PT Boat  (Read 370 times)

Offline WOOD1

• Zinc Member
How do you land a PT Boat
« on: October 23, 2003, 06:06:08 PM »
I've been playing AH since it was a free beta, I've never seen anyone land a PT boat until today, Furball landed some kills. I asked how he did it and everyone told me to land at spawn point. Furball landed at a CV, I upped a PT boat at A22, never started the engines, returned to the tower and got a ditch although I was still at the spawn point and hadn't moved. I tried this at a few different bases and I always get a ditch, so what's the secret?

AKWoody

Offline mrblack

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2003, 06:09:06 PM »
Full flaps and 150mph:aok

Offline Rutilant

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2003, 06:13:03 PM »
Gotta go into the area of the CV group (between ships) and hit tower (gotta be stopped) while inside the group

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2003, 06:17:44 PM »
yay! a post about me!

my favourite tactic to land kills in PT boat is to up one straight after Cv has died, put it in forward at about 75% throttle so u stay between DD's -  blast away a few cons (bomber formations are brilliant) with 40mm, stick it in reverse and full throttle. exit when 10mph or less.  land once you get 3/4 kills incase cv respawns.
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline WOOD1

• Zinc Member
Thanks Furball
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2003, 06:26:38 PM »
Thanks, I'm going to try that, but...how do you land a PT boat at a base? Or can you only land one in the middle of the fleet?

AKWoody

Offline Horn

• Silver Member
Re: Thanks Furball
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2003, 06:30:45 PM »
Originally posted by WOOD1
Thanks, I'm going to try that, but...how do you land a PT boat at a base? Or can you only land one in the middle of the fleet?

AKWoody

You may land 'em as described above or between the docks (come to a full stop) at a port.

h

Offline YUCCA

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2003, 11:54:54 PM »
Hey even i didn't know htat one.  I usually am on 1 way trips in PT boats hehe.

Offline artik

• Silver Member
      • Blog
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2003, 01:50:30 AM »
Its true for GV but not PT Boat

The rule is follow - you shuld be close to Tower when land in PT Boat.

You can get to port and then exit.

I know it because I've done a lot of experements with PT Boats landings. I even build special deprot for Kadesh terrain - for PT Boats landings at sea.
Artik, 101 "Red" Squadron, Israel

Offline Zippatuh

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2003, 10:54:30 AM »
A sled and several parachutes...

Offline Athena3

• Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2003, 01:13:10 PM »
I've always had the PT boat Ditch problem too.  So I started trying different places to exit.  The problem I found at a base with no port is that when you try to get close enough to the base to land you get the kill message because you ran into shallow water?  I'll be moving along slowly with water still in front of me and apparently I've crashed the boat into the pretend reef or whatever.  So I took a boat back out on this occasion and managed to get it as close to the 'shore' as possible...and got a ditch message.  Still not sure how to do it at these bases.  Guess it's time to experiment some more.  My question would be, is it possible to have some sort of a boat dock at any base you can take a boat out of (CVs exempt) so there's some reference point to land by.  :)