Author Topic: bring back the old buff bombsite  (Read 2504 times)

Offline BGBMAW

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
bring back the old buff bombsite
« Reply #75 on: November 07, 2003, 02:18:18 PM »
only thing i agree on in this post would b ethe addition of a speed indicator of what u are flying at now and what u calibrated at...

but if we did that..it would put ys rigth back to lazer pinpoint boming...

so i almost think we shoyldnt have tht...you really want everyone with lazer boming again...im thinkn not..

i like when nme bomers miss...

Offline artik

• Silver Member
      • Blog
« Reply #76 on: November 07, 2003, 02:56:04 PM »
We are talking more about IAS not ground speed - you can't know from your IAS how to calibrate bombsite - the calibration performed to obtain your true speed and thus make execlty bombdrop.

There are several reasons to add IAS indecator to your calibrate mode.
1st - there were two people in crew who worked on drom - the guye with Norden site that tells to pilot go left - go right etc.. pilot can control his IAS.
2nd - Yes there might be situations as good buff pilot you are that you should use your gunners before the drop - you might change your speed and do not have enoght time to make it steady befor calibration - spesialy at planes life Ar234 that accelerates too slow.

3rd - Using IAS indicatior you can perfrom good bombing at any speed you wants. If it changed you can control it using your throttle.
Artik, 101 "Red" Squadron, Israel

Offline vorticon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #77 on: November 07, 2003, 10:21:35 PM »
how about if the accuracy you have your bombsite calibrated at is less than 60% then the text still displays red...but if you have it set better than that THEN it displays as green...that way provided you keep your speed the same (easy if you have a gunner...)

Offline loser

• Silver Member
« Reply #78 on: November 08, 2003, 07:51:35 PM »
We need to get rid of the bombsite altogether.  Just throw em out the side when you think you are over the target!

Offline rogerdee

• Gold Member
      • http://rogerdee.co.uk
bombing
« Reply #79 on: November 09, 2003, 06:12:44 AM »
Hi guys  I think bombing is good but you need a good formation nice and tight and sometimes some fighter cover.
  The squad I was in the other day took out 8 to 10 fighters that attacked our fromation and then flattened almost 2 complete air fields.
  Ok we lost all our planes in the end  but  when you have 5 109s after a b17  it gets a bit hard to out fly them.
         If you are working togeather and have gunners even just 1 in  a formation to watch while calibration  makes a big difference.

H ave fun guys  
long live the 490th and the bish
490th battling bulldogs
www.rogerdee.co.uk

it does what it says on the tin

Offline GunnerCAF

• Silver Member
      • Gunner's Grange
« Reply #80 on: November 15, 2003, 09:52:46 AM »
Originally posted by AVRO1
What I would like is some indication of my calibration.
Right now the best I can do is pray I did well.
How is that encouraging people to learn?
There is no way of knowing what you did wrong.
Which leads to frustration, which does no help beginners.

I would love to learn the bombsight, but it is just too damn frustrating too be fun right now.

Go to the training arena, you will have a green x that will show you where your bombs will hit.  Fly to any altitude and practice calibration.  When your bomb sight and the green x line up consistantly, you have it.  You don't even have to drop a bomb.  After a half hour of practice or less, you can be a pro.

Gunner
Gunner
Cactus Air Force