Author Topic: Strat Vs. Furr Map Solution (kinda)  (Read 259 times)

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
Strat Vs. Furr Map Solution (kinda)
« on: December 10, 2003, 12:48:08 PM »
The strat Vs. furrball posts have gotten so tiresome.  The same actors, the same play.

...anyway, would it be possible for the next mapbuilder to create what I have dubbed a "Gentlemen Furrballer's Club"?  

I was thinking of something along the lines of "Monkey Island" on the ndisles map.  A bish, rook, knit base in fairly close proximity with some bit of seperation from surrounding fields, but it need not be an actuall island.

The bases would not have, and I think HTC would never allow, any special protections and should be capturable.  It would be on a sorta "honor", whatever that means, system.  Everyone meets in the middle to fight.  The bases are meant to be off limits (ie. no porking, vultching, etc.) of course until the final bases prior to reset.

Of course some folks would want to ruin the fun.  So what?  Let 'em.  I don't care.

The folks who live to win the "war" will hate it, I know.  There is never a lack of folks *****ing on Ch2 about those having fun on "Monkey Island" and not helping the team to win.

This of course could be done on any map.  Just find 2 close enemy bases that are not currently being used or under attack and call over Ch1, "Gentlemen Furrball Club meeting at A21-A47".  

Might work.  Prolly not though.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2003, 12:50:30 PM by Furious »

Offline muckmaw

• Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2003, 01:18:36 PM »
Honor?

On the internet?

We still get guys spending 4 hours climbing the mountains to tank town to bomb the VHs.

Too many griefers, I think.

Offline MetaTron

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2003, 02:13:51 PM »
Head-to-Head is free and always will be. The destiny of the furballers that whine about maps is clearly HTH. Why modify a game for the whiners that will in the end only leave?

Cya.

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2003, 02:17:37 PM »
Go away voss.

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2003, 04:17:31 PM »
You can also do strat stuff offline too, you know. :D

I guess I can call myself a 'furballer' since I rarely ever fly bombers and I have porked fuel once in the past 2 years. I'm not asking for a furball arena, just some where to go when things quiet down.

In the morning, off peak times, having a furball area would GREATLY help when there is 100 players on. Having 100 players on Pizza akin to 'running at night in the woods with an overcast sky' if you're looking for anyone else.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
Re: Strat Vs. Furr Map Solution (kinda)
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2003, 04:32:21 PM »
Originally posted by Furious
I was thinking of something along the lines of "Monkey Island" on the ndisles map.  A bish, rook, knit base in fairly close proximity with some bit of seperation from surrounding fields, but it need not be an actuall island.

The bases would not have, and I think HTC would never allow, any special protections and should be capturable.  It would be on a sorta "honor", whatever that means, system.  Everyone meets in the middle to fight.  The bases are meant to be off limits (ie. no porking, vultching, etc.) of course until the final bases prior to reset.

I offered to do as much quite a while ago. When I pointed out that the fields would have be capturable and might need to be defended at some point....I was told "nevermind".
NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Re: Re: Strat Vs. Furr Map Solution (kinda)
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2003, 06:19:54 PM »
Originally posted by NoBaddy
I offered to do as much quite a while ago. When I pointed out that the fields would have be capturable and might need to be defended at some point....I was told "nevermind".

I don't remember that ... I say go for it ... probably need to wait till the new AH II terrain editor comes out tho.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."