Author Topic: Requesting Skinner's Forums  (Read 231 times)

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
Requesting Skinner's Forums
« on: January 25, 2004, 12:18:19 AM »
The skinning feature brought through by Beta 11 has caught immediate attention of many AH enthusiasts direly interested in aircraft artwork :)

It does seem kinda inappropriate to keep posting things about aircraft skins on the AH2:ToD forum. Previously, it would have technically fit under the category of "Terrain Editor General", but I think we need a separate forum now.

Please give us a separate Skinner's forum, to share info and post latest works! :)

ps) Finished the Bf109G-10 template. I don't have any webspace to post it though..  anyone want to take a look, please let me know.

It may look messy, but it's pretty straight forward and easy to use - with panel lines highlighted in red, rivet layer highlighted in blue, and basic mapping surfaces explained. Took quite some time correcting feature positions so under/upper surface lines/rivets match perfectly, but I think it was worth it. :)

109G10 Template.psd

109G102 Template.psd

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Inc. Aces High
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2004, 04:30:55 AM »
Cool kweassa - definitly would love to look at it.

Is it in photshop format? Or easy enough to seperate into layers?

I'm done with the 190d9 template (in photshop, several layers)

and I second , third and fourth the new "skins" section on bbs :)

Offline Batz

• Gold Member
      • http://bellsouthpwp.net/w/o/wotans/4JG53/
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2004, 10:18:36 AM »
You know what might be helpful is some sort of AH Paint Scheme Community Manager type group.

Its obvious that there will be a limited number of skins available per plane. It may be better to set up this group to pre screen submissions to HT so that you don' see 50 guys working on the same plane or same skin.

Like the CM Terrain team you could pool resources and experience to get top notch skins. This may help HTC's work load when it comes to getting skins approved.

There' a lot of great skins in the works and quite a few folks interested maybe one of you could call or email HT and see how he feels about it.

Good Luck!!!

Offline Octavius

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2004, 02:36:52 PM »
Great idea Kwe
octavius
Fat Drunk BasTards (forum)

"bastard coated bastards with bastard filling?  delicious!"
Guest of the ++Blue Knights++[/size]