Author Topic: "Wit of the Week" HELP!  (Read 175 times)

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
"Wit of the Week" HELP!
« on: December 08, 2001, 08:08:00 PM »
This board is huge and the posts countless.

There is so much talent that a "good one" could easily slip by or get lost.

So, if you see a good, witty comment, reply, comeback, put-down, etc., send me a "nomination" via Private Message. I'll check before I post on Wed.

I've already seen 3-4 strong contenders and it's only Sat. It's tough keeping them all in mind with respect to which thread too.

So, send me your nomination and the thread it's in.

Remember the point is not to embarass anyone. It's to note and applaud those amongst us with a flair for stylish communication.

Thanks for your help!
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline majic

• Silver Member
"Wit of the Week" HELP!
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2001, 11:12:00 PM »
With so many possible winners already, perhaps they should recieve honorable mention.  Keep up the good work.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
"Wit of the Week" HELP!
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2001, 10:43:00 AM »
Yeah, I was thinking of posting all the nominations and letting folks vote too.

There is a lot of good stuff.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!