Author Topic: Thread locked?  (Read 1871 times)

Offline vorticon

• Platinum Member
Thread locked?
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2004, 01:20:41 PM »
the "its only beta" argument is complete and utter garbage...for things to change people must tell hitech what needs to be changed otherwise it will not be changed...but that does not change the fact that fidd made a comment on something that was covered a while ago...htc has to deal with the exact same problems...his post was most likely considered to be rabble rousing

Offline Dennis

• Nickel Member
Thread locked?
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2004, 01:29:53 PM »
Originally posted by ramzey
I chuckle every time I see this "it's only beta" stuff.>
dont think its only for beta
skins as they looks now will stay (except som minor changes and fixes)

Exactly my point, ramzey.
Someone will cite problem A or problem B ... discussion/complaints will ensue ... and before long, someone chimes in, "It's only beta!  They'll surely fix it!"
That's what I find humorous.

Lesson:  If you find a hurdle that makes skinning a particular plane accurately more difficult or impossible ... live with it. :p

Splash 1

Superfly spaketh:
It won't change any time soon. I'm sorry. It ain't gonna happen. We only have two artists, and we are already redoing 4 years worth of artwork. We have standardized our way of doing things for now. Our primary concern is finishing AH2, not remaking textures that we've already spent a considerable amount time on just to satisfy a few people.

Offline mrblack

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Thread locked?
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2004, 03:49:30 PM »
Ok but why was the thread locked?
The man simply asked a question.
I saw nothing in that could be taking in any way form or fashion as negitive to HTC or his emplyee's

I think maybe the Skins Pardone the pun are getting a little thin around here.

Look no one has a game like Aces High.
You find one that on any given night has over 500 people in its main arena and I might take a look at it.

But gentlemen It aint the Holy grail LOL.
AH2 Looks great and I for one look foward to its final release.
So far all the skins I have seen look great to me .
But hell Im easy to please LOL.
I am more after the flight model than the eye candy anyways.

I want those plans to be hard as hell to fly .
You know why ?
So some knot head spray and pray artist dont come along and shoot me down after I have been flying for 20 mins getting to targetLOL.

I believe HTC is delievering a good comprimise of flight model and playability for the masses.

Also keep in mind that they (HTC) have to designe this game AH2 to run on a wide range of machines not just the upper end hot rod gaming machines some of us are lucky enough to have.

So do give them a break fellas they are doing the best they can with what they got(a very small staff).

And HTC Give us some credit too please we really are on your side.

Offline lucull

• Nickel Member
Thread locked?
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2004, 04:56:01 PM »
Originally posted by mrblack

You find one that on any given night has over 500 people in its main arena and I might take a look at it.

Dark Age of Camelot, several thousands in several "arenas", but of course no flight sim. :D

Offline Fidd

• Copper Member
Thread locked?
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2004, 07:06:12 PM »
Interesting. To my mind, it is precisely because they are short of artists that every effort should be made now to optimise skins for re-skinning. The potential output of the community far-exceeds that of HTC. We proved this with SAC in Air-warrior. Kesmai made skins that were very straightforward to reskin, and the community put out over a thousand skins in 12 months, arguably extending the life of that game for 2 years or so.

So, I suggest that the thinking "not remaking textures that we've already spent a considerable amount time on just to satisfy a few people." - Superfly, is somewhat flawed, as it takes no account of the skinners ability to satisfy the many.

I was not so much suggesting that new skins were needed, more that in certain cases the "reuse" of areas of texture to cover multiple areas of the final rendered aircraft be ceased. This might involve the very occasional extra bitmap, frequently one which they already have on file already. This would go a long way to removing inflexibilities to reskinning aircraft, to everyones benefit.

Accordingly, I would suggest the ability for HTC to accept rigourous feedback on skins, and to amend the few areas that are problematic, would reap really vast benefits for HTC in the long run.

Thanks btw to those that wrote in or emailed indicating they thought the original thread unwarrentably locked.

Originally posted by Dennis
Superfly spaketh:
It won't change any time soon. I'm sorry. It ain't gonna happen. We only have two artists, and we are already redoing 4 years worth of artwork. We have standardized our way of doing things for now. Our primary concern is finishing AH2, not remaking textures that we've already spent a considerable amount time on just to satisfy a few people.

Offline ramzey

• Gold Member
Thread locked?
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2004, 07:34:01 PM »
fidd you not touch anything what was not writed on this forum before
long time ago HTC state to not give more effort to this
so whine is useless ;-)

Offline Flit

• Silver Member
Thread locked?
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2004, 12:06:23 AM »
Originally posted by Flit
I'm guessing that it was the way you put it, a more positive view would probably help.

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Thread locked?
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2004, 03:04:26 AM »
Originally posted by F1Bomber
If aces high 2 is supposted to be an upgrade in graphics department then why the hell did these bugs get copied accross over to aces high 2?

But i guess i will never know oh well.

you said it yourself .... it's an upgrade.

when upgrading a software there is allways some legacy part (code or data) we(1) have no other choice than bring "as it" in the new version

(1) I'm not speaking as a HT coder but more in general as a software devellopper who is faced to such troubles more often than I want :)

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Thread locked?
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2004, 08:42:06 AM »
Fidd simply this is a bug form, not a let's critique HTC's way of doing things. And I re read your first post one more time. Still have yet to see a bug in the post. It was nothing but a whine, then the last line in the post put it over the top.

So fidd what your saying is, we should delay AHII for a substantial amout of time, just so so you can modifie skins the way you wish to. Sorry that would not be a very wise discision on our part, and that dosn't address size issues.

Now this tread also does not belong here. So im closing it down.

HiTech