Author Topic: Low level flying?  (Read 1850 times)

funked

Low level flying?
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2000, 10:06:00 AM »
Yep that was a good line by Turgidson.  Scott was incredible in that movie.

I'm a big fan of General Ripper too - that guy was a great actor.  Not your typical insane person - he is completely calm and composed.  Which makes him more scary.  And he had some great lines.  I do not avoid women Mandrake, but I do deny them my essence.

[This message has been edited by funked (edited 08-23-2000).]

Offline milnko

• Silver Member
      • http://www.cameltoe.org
Low level flying?
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2000, 10:18:00 AM »
I agree 100% Funked.

Stanley Kubruck was a Master at Film Making
especially his movies Dr. Stranglove and Full Metal Jacket, liked em all, except his last one, "Eyes Wide Shut", which just wasn't my cup o tea.

So many great lines in Dr.Strangelove, and what boggles my mind is it's considered a "cult" film, guess it didn't do to great at the box office, but to me it's a classic, did ya notice James Earl Jones in it?

Tell ya what if it was a choice between "Gone with the Wind" (considered a great classic) or Dr. Strangelove, you know which one I'd sit through.

------------------
CyberPilots have bigger Joysticks
BANDITS ON MY SIX!!!!

<< MILENKO >>
ACES HIGH ASSASSINS Website
WB/AH ASSASSINS Website

funked

Low level flying?
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2000, 10:27:00 AM »
Yes I noticed James Earl Jones.  There is a museum near where I live that has a B-52 open to climb around in.  So I sat in the seat where Jones sat.  I also went up on the flight deck - it's amazing how cramped it is.  Alas I couldn't get into the bomb bay.  But I did find a few circuit breakers and communcation panels that looked a lot like the ones in the film.  But no P-O-E.  

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
Low level flying?
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2000, 01:58:00 PM »
Wow! Did this thread ever stray...

I'm not sure now.. do we want the dar changed for low level flight... or do we want to be able to ride the bombs down until detonation?

AKDejaVu

Offline milnko

• Silver Member
      • http://www.cameltoe.org
Low level flying?
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2000, 02:19:00 PM »
BOTH!  

------------------
CyberPilots have bigger Joysticks
BANDITS ON MY SIX!!!!

<< MILENKO >>
ACES HIGH ASSASSINS Website
WB/AH ASSASSINS Website

skeet

Low level flying?
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2000, 09:14:00 PM »
Really like the idea of the low-level no banner. Low-level scouting would be more dificult - but rewarding I'd guess.

(keeping in line with the nice random thoughts in this thread ...)

<sniffs> I love the smell of napalm in the morning ...

and ... (meandering off in another direction <g> )

... I know some people play music while flying - ride of the valkyries would be good (especially in a FW or Bf/Me), but my pulse-quickener is the 'who do you love suite' form Quicksilver Messenger Service - electric.

------------------
skeet - out
Aces High - Fight Stimulator