Author Topic: GV skin freaking me out - where's this coming from?  (Read 282 times)

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Inc. Aces High
GV skin freaking me out - where's this coming from?
« on: February 23, 2004, 06:10:39 AM »
Ok..working on changing some interior colors on the Tiger tank. Not changining the size of BMP, just color.

Anyway, I did a test color run on "Tiger1.bmp"...saved it, entered offline and selected skin...it worked. I did this in multiple colors to see the mapping...

Then, I finished the correct versions for Tiger1.bmp, Tiger4.bmp and Tiger5.bmp, then saved those in my skins folders as 256x256 8bit.

Of course, this asked me if i wanted to overwrite the existing files, which I selected yes. I saved over the 3 interior skins with the ones I modified

I get into the game, select the tiger skin im working on....nothing changes...only the multi-colored mapping skin is still on it.

I go into windows and look at the files in my skins folder...there's no "mapped color" tiger1.bmp  there...only the correct skins that i did a color change on.

So, I uninstal AH2 and reinstall....get into game, check out tiger and wammo - theres the multi colored map skin on the inside of the tigger again.

The multi-colored skin is no-where on my hard drive. I even emptied the recycle bin of the one that i used as a working copy on my desktop.

Where's that Sumbeyatch file hiding at....lol and why aren't the other skins accepting to the model.??
« Last Edit: February 23, 2004, 06:12:59 AM by Waffle »

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Inc. Aces High
GV skin freaking me out - where's this coming from?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2004, 06:28:31 AM »
Deleted the settings folder....then imported all my .KMP files from Ah1 settings....just so i could get around and have views.

Skins took after that.