Author Topic: ideas to twart dual account spies..  (Read 2014 times)

Offline HavocTM

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.bops.us
ideas to twart dual account spies..
« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2004, 09:47:10 AM »
My squad has been doing some interesting research over the last month.  We have been comparing how much we get intercepted when posting a mission, versus how much we get intercepted when just meeting in the tower.

Our research pretty much bore out the following:

"Tower" missions almost never got intercepted.  Posted missions get intercepted about half the time.  This leads me to believe someone is watching for posted missions and letting their guys know where the mission is going.

We also discovered that announcing the mission channel on open channel 2 sometimes resulted in strange names (IE folks that never talk on open channel) tuning in to the mission freq, but not actually being IN the mission.

So here are some tips to thwart spies:

1 - If your mission is critical and not just for fun, have your squaddies just meet in the tower and take similar planes.

2 - Use frequency other than your squad channel for missions, and change it often.

3 - Watch for weird names to show up on mission vox channel and write them down and see if it happens more than once.

Overall, I think spying is not as commonplace as it is perceived, but I think it DOES happen.  While I am not defending it, because I do despise it, the act of spying is always present in real life wars, so in a twisted sort of way it actually 'adds' realism.  

:-)