Author Topic: Please Help  (Read 427 times)

Offline Blindbatp

• Zinc Member
Please Help
« on: April 07, 2004, 02:55:29 PM »
Hi All....I have tried the BETA 19 and my screen basically freezes...Yesterday I was lucky enough to get a 7FPS screen so i had VERY little movement...Im hoping this is just a beta 19 problem....As i write this I am in the process of downloading the latest beta version....Here are my computer specs

Dell-Windows XP
Direct X 9.0
2445MB RAM
Intel(R) Extreme Graphics Controlller  Memory 64.0 bit

Now if the latest beta still freezes up and gives me an extremely low frame rate what do I need to do?  Ive been hearing vid card upgrade?  If so can somebody suggest a vid card that will give me decent play in the $80-150 range?  thanks all for your help

-Cavpilot- and new handle Cav58D- all

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
Please Help
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2004, 02:59:46 PM »
If you are on Beta 19 and are currently downloading Beta 22, have you also got 20 and 21?  Have you missed any previous updates?  You need to make sure you either download the complete program, or each update in turn.... missing out any updates is bound to cause problems.
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline Blindbatp

• Zinc Member
Please Help
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2004, 03:02:04 PM »
Rgr...I am going from 19 to 22....I totally deleted 19 off my cpu, so will this direct download to 22 have all the info i need or is it purely an update?.......

If any one has any info on my cpu scpecs thatd be great as well....

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
Please Help
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2004, 03:06:40 PM »
OK..... if you have deleted 19 altogether, you need to get the full version download, not the update.  To go the update route you would need to go from 19 to 20 to 21 to 22....  Hope that makes sense.  :)
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun