Author Topic: Quick scenario anyone?  (Read 267 times)

Zippy

Quick scenario anyone?
« on: October 05, 1999, 10:18:00 PM »

Hey all

I'm banging this drum to drum up interest in a quick and dirty scenario event. There will be no CM's, or any help from anyone from Team AH. This will be a player run event, and can only work though cooperation. I have a few ideas worked out, but without any interest its not gonna work. So if your interested. Let me know and we can test it out.

Why? Because I ....strongly dislike...the low alt base to base furball. This is not the way these aircraft were used.

This is not going to be a grand SL from the masters Flet or Snak. But a general matchup between aircrafts at different altitudes. It will be as quick as possible and with minimal fuss on a private freq.

I want this to be an extreme fun event. If its not...then forget about it. What it needs though is at least 4-6 people to be any fun though. Just let me know. And check back here for the deal if this goes through.

later

------------------
WB's ID:--ac/----ac
Not Allycat damnit!!

Brick

Quick scenario anyone?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 1999, 10:27:00 PM »
I think it's a cool idea, but we gotta wait till some basic things are workin' first.    It's still pretty early in the beta.

Andy

Offline Jekyll

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.bigpond.net.au/phoenix
Quick scenario anyone?
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 1999, 01:26:00 AM »
You know ac, I was thinking the same thing only yesterday.

Count me in.  I'll email the other members of Phoenix Squadron (Aces High Version) and get their responses.

Best of luck

Jekyll

------------------
C.O. Phoenix Squadron
www.users.bigpond.com/afinlayson/index.htm
'feel the heat .......'

Offline glars

• Copper Member
Quick scenario anyone?
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 1999, 01:44:00 AM »
Seeing as HTC have provided this nice neutral territory you could always warmup with a WB v AW scrap  

------------------
Glars
RNZAF
 http://glarsmaps.warbirds.org  

Offline Downtown

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.tir.com/~lkbrown1
Quick scenario anyone?
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 1999, 07:30:00 AM »
Whenish?

If you did a Spits -vs- 109 affair, we could get brendo to record it, and then dub in the Iron Maiden "Aces High" tunage.

Of couse this all depends on scheduling and such, so spill with a bit more specific info.

------------------
"I could feel the 20MM Cannon impacting behind me so I made myself small behind the pilot armor" Charlie Bond AVG

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
Quick scenario anyone?
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 1999, 08:45:00 AM »

"Seeing as HTC have provided this nice neutral territory you could always warmup with a WB v AW scrap"

That WOULD be a blast.

But I am outnumbered by you all  

-Westy

Zippy

Quick scenario anyone?
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 1999, 12:39:00 PM »

Ok! Things look good so far. Glad to see an interest  

Im thinking we'll give this a go this Sunday afternoon the 10th at 7PM EST.(time to practice hehe)

First scenario is Downtowns idea "Aces High"! Spits vs 109's in a all out fight high over the channel. This is a cool way to start things off

Basic idea is this. We all get on one channel to make 2 COs and get a general count and even it out. Then the other force will move to another country and they can do the FL thing or whatever on there own priv chnl. Soon as thats done, like about 5 mins, no more, we roll for the heavens. I'd like to stay off main chnl unless neccesary. If things go quickly enough, we could get a couple flights up.

Pertinant scenario info will be posted this Saturday. So stay tuned. Channels for both LW and Brits, Fields, alt's. Have to do some testing first.

I'm thinking that if we all get alt, and fight generaly around the center of the map, we should be free of anyone else. Have to see though.

One idea I am tossing in here is that after each flight. Both teams swap aircraft then go at it again. I think this can be fun and a real challange.

Thats all for now!
 Post away idea etc...

Cant wait for the PTO scenario LOL. 109s to replace the Ki-61's and Spitfires to replace the P-40s. Oh well hehe.

------------------
Not Allycat damnit!!

Offline Camel

• Zinc Member
Quick scenario anyone?
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 1999, 05:52:00 PM »
Great idea!

You gotta spit driver here.

Good one Glars!  

Cam

Rojo

Quick scenario anyone?
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 1999, 11:30:00 PM »
I was thinking about this just the other day. Count me in as a 109 driver.  I suppose I'll have to leave the extra gun pods home though, eh? Check six, oh spit dweebs!

Rojo (a.k.a. Sabre)

Offline JoeMud

• Zinc Member
Quick scenario anyone?
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 1999, 11:50:00 PM »
What!!! No stangs? Oh well count me in as a dweebfire driver.

------------------
Gijoey,Joetwo,JoeMud=me
 DHBG!!

Zippy

Quick scenario anyone?
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 1999, 07:42:00 AM »

Update.

Fighting in the center is not going to work. Those mountains are way to high. But fighting on the side of the map is great. Unless there are any other things to be worked out this is the plan.

Team 1, Rooks, Field 18
 Team 2, Bishops, Field 4

Both teams head east to get over the water and get above 20k. After 20k its up to the CO what he wants to do as far as alt and position. Try to stay pretty much over the water area though. At least for this run. After your all set at alt, head to the 14.10 line, or just look at the mountains. Thats where we can battle it out.

I'd like to try out the swap planes for every other flight thing out this run to. Practice both planes folks!

Later

------------------
Not Allycat damnit!!